• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting CAD drawings up on the web????

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to share what I have and get criticism for it, but I can't figure out how to turn my dwg file into something I can put up on a photo site or the like. Any help? I can send the file if it's complicated, but should probably learn how to do this anyway.

Sean

Can you do a screen shot and save it from there?

Don't know how to do a screen shot. I'd post it, but for some reason I'm not allowed to post attachments.

Figured out how to do a screen shot, but the colors don't come out right and it's waaaayyyyyy too hard to see.

Come on folks, help an idiot out.

I can save it as a bmp, but it's going to be a huge file according to my brother.

Sorry, can't help here. I'm still learning. I'll check my active tutorial disc and see what I can find out. I do seem to remember having to have some vendors convert their files to jpg (?) so that I could open them before I loaded Autocad. But I'm not real sure. I do know that there is a publish to web icon on the tool bar, never tried to use it though.
Don't know if this helps, but by exporting the file to "my pictures" it is being stored as a WMF (windows mete file). what ever that is. So far I only have the choice of wmf or dwg.:confused:

Last edited:
I use an inexpensive program called Print SCreen Deluxe. It allows you to capture either the entire screen, just the active window, or (in the newer version, which I don't have) a selected portion of the active window. Once saved, it offers a choice of file formats for working with the saved images.

Publisher is American Systems and I believe I bought it at Staples (or maybe Office Max).

I was able to capture the active screen, but it came out looking pretty crappy with no decent color differentiation. I think I may have it, look towards the 1/4 ellip thread soon.

My brother converted it into solid edge and then saved it as a jpg, the colors still didn't come out quite right, but it's good enough.

All you have to do to do a print screen, is hit the "prnt scrn" key, and hold 'alt' if you just want the active window. Then it's saved on your clipboard, just paste and save in any graphics program. Chances are, you'll want to save it as a Giff.

You can export a .dwg to a raster image as well, but it would be hard to explain :D

This one ain't workin' either :mad:

pic.php

I'll buy a couple beers in Moab for the person that takes my cad file and converts it then hosts it for me to share here and on POR

Saved it as a gif, but montypics turned it into a jpeg. Still can't get it looking like I want though.

pic.php

Alrighty then, head on over to the 1/4 ellip thread to get dimensions and what not.

Sean

Back