• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-Tech Thread

ktm racer 419

NAXJA Forum User
post the tech BS in hear so you peeps will stop hijacking the Lots-O-Post thread.

the lots-o-post thread was so that other threads didn't get hi-jacked :rolleyes: how do you hijack a thread designed as an anti-hijacking device?

the lots-o-post thread was so that other threads didn't get hi-jacked :rolleyes: how do you hijack a thread designed as an anti-hijacking device?

By hijacking it with posts about stuff that was originally being hijacked.

DUH.

I have something to add.

Doublers are a waste of time.

ooohh im gonna pop the tech question threads cherry with the first tech related post... i just purchased a 8.25 welded rear, if i wanted to install a locker instead, how would one go about that?

ooohh im gonna pop the tech question threads cherry... i just purchased a 8.25 welded rear, if i wanted to install a locker instead, how would one go about that?

Depends on how welded it is. If it's just the spiders, you could pop them out and put in a lunchbox. If it's the whole carrier boogered together, then you'll need a new carrer+locker unless you get a full case locker (ARB, OX, etc).

Depending on how it was welded (gears to gears only or gears to gears and carrier?) and how long you want to spend with a die grinder, get a pattern, pull the carrier, put ring gear on new carrier, add bearings and shims to taste.

EDIT: damn, beaten by Colin.

ooohh im gonna pop the tech question threads cherry with the first tech related post... i just purchased a 8.25 welded rear, if i wanted to install a locker instead, how would one go about that?

if they welded it correctly/strong, you will need a new carrier or a full case locker. if they are stupid and just welded the spiders in the galleys you can just take the spiders out and stick a lunchbox in there.

Are the spiders held in with grade 12 (or grade 5) bolts?

radius arms arent the devil

doublers are for rich people with too much time on thier hands who don't often wheel

what colin said. if you can get the shafts out, you could get a new carrier and regear it with either a full case locker, regear it with a stock carrier and put an aussie or no-slip in, or just get a big boy axle... in hindsight i wish i just went to bigger axles right off the bat.

doublers are for rich people with too much time on thier hands who don't often wheel
i'm not rich. i'm not commenting on the rest of that though :helpme:

i gots no problem DDing a welded for now.. locker prolly wont be til down the road, or unless i can find someone selling an 8.8 or 44 all bulit up :eyes:

This thread is not for me. I will post and add zero tech.

hmm... wondah if i should just keep the welded rear til i get a new rear axle again, i was looking for something a bit more road friendly though.

One word of tech advise that can answer any question=

[SIZE=+3]BFH[/SIZE]

thats how I installed my harmonic balancer

not the accepted method

but i used a block of wood between it and the sledge and shit was mint

hmm... wondah if i should just keep the welded rear til i get a new rear axle again, i was looking for something a bit more road friendly though.
ever dd a welded rear?

I delivered pizza on one for 3 years

its not death

Back