• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know when nac fest is, but when will YOU be there?

Not sure who "YOU" is ... but we are plannin' on leaving early AM Thursday (more like Wednesday night) to get there that afternoon.

Les

PS: Whattabout you??

I'm picking Scott and Steph Mac up on Wed night and with both of us driving we should be dead heading out, it's about 11 hours for me and less than 9 from Scotts house, that'll put us out there EARLY Thurs morn, that is if we don't stop to play twister with the girls. :D

got the baby oil warmin.

magoo117 said:
I'll be there April 10!!!

Same for me. Was thinking about setting up camp on Wednesday night at Red Ridge, but I have a Fire Inspector's Exam that night, so I won't be getting there until Thursday morning sometime.

If past experience is any guide, folks will start to wander all during Thursday. It looks like a lot of you midwest guys will be in early Thursday. So plan on dropping your stuff off at the CG (about 20 min. from Paragon) and being on some trails by mid morning.

As we get closer, we'll make sure that some of us locals are there first thing as well and coordinate some running.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Wednesday Night for me, looks like ill be pretty much drinking alone that night. I guess ill have to find some drunk girls with four wheeler on thursday night!! Sound like old times, right dan? Is the trailguide training thing or whatever still going on thursday? then we go wheeling right?

Pete

I took the trail guide course a couple of weeks ago. It was nothing more than 5 minutes of Kyle reading through the rules of the park. It's just something he has to get out of the way for insurance purposes.

lbexj said:
Not sure who "YOU" is ... but we are plannin' on leaving early AM Thursday (more like Wednesday night) to get there that afternoon.

Les

PS: Whattabout you??

I dunno....

depends on the group I guess....

not sure, trying to decide....

I'll be there thursday afternoon...possibly wed night depending on when I want to hit the highway. I've got work wed, but not sure I wanna brave the dc beltway and traffic after work to get out to PA. I'll be bringin membership junk so if anyone wants to join up they can at the event. I'll also be handling registrations for the event so just come see me when ya get a chance.

See ya'll there!
Tim

Urban Redneck said:
I'm planning on heading out early Wednesday AM, too. Want to get a early jump on traffic going out of the city.

Same here, maybe we can do a Midwest convoy?

Fore Wheeler said:
I'm picking Scott and Steph Mac up on Wed night and with both of us driving we should be dead heading out, it's about 11 hours for me and less than 9 from Scotts house, that'll put us out there EARLY Thurs morn, that is if we don't stop to play twister with the girls. :D

got the baby oil warmin.

When where you plan on discussing the travel times with me? I was hoping to leave Wed morning. I was thinking it was 10 or more hours from my place but I'm basing that on Philly taking 12. I could be wrong.

Don't forget the fuzzy handcuffs for the losers.

Mapquest puts it at 10 hours from my place in Arlington Heights. I don't usually trust them, but the time they gave to get to Attica was right on the $. So, who knows.

Urban Redneck said:
Mapquest puts it at 10 hours from my place in Arlington Heights.

Should be easy enough to estimate. Paragon is about 10/15 minutes from the junction of I80/I81 in Eastern, PA - Hazleton. (The campground another 15/20 minutes past Paragon). For you guys coming in from Michigan-Northern Ohio-Northern Indiana-Illinois, the most obvious way would be I-80.

I just ran this route out to Utah last fall and there were no major construction areas in PA, OH, and IN. (Can't say what will start by June though).

There are 260 miles to travel on 80 in PA, 20 to get to the Ohio Turnpike, 218 to the Indiana line (147 to the Jct w/280 in Toledo), and 148 to the jct with I94 just past Portage, IN. 648 total from that point. (You're on your own west of there. Not my most favorite stretch! :D)

Divide by your "comfortable" cruising speed, number of pit stops, number of Beezil spare changes, and you've got it!

My guess would be close to 11 hours from the IL-IN line (and about 7-8 from Toledo).

We'll keep the light on.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Scott Mac. said:
When where you plan on discussing the travel times with me? I was hoping to leave Wed morning. I was thinking it was 10 or more hours from my place but I'm basing that on Philly taking 12. I could be wrong.

Don't forget the fuzzy handcuffs for the losers.

I thought that we talked wed morning, but ang said we talked after work, I knew I was right. I'll be giving you a call sometime.

The hand cuffs that I bought have yellow feathers, to match my beadlocks. That'll work wont it??

Back