• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Piecing together a 2" lift...

GFAndoscia

NAXJA Forum User
I've been doing tons of research on ways to beef my XJ up a bit, and everybody I talk to tells me to piece together a kit instead of buying a new one. I need new shocks anyways, so what would you all recommend for moderately inexpensive components? I want to run 30's, btw.

2" coil spring spacers and Budget Boost leaf pack, RockLizard style.

If it were me I'd do the s-10 main leaf... It's like $35 on half priced weekend and Inverted leaves are just gonna get more inverted with a shackle. Plus if you get an s10 leaf pack you will have a 4" lift waiting for you if you decide to go bigger later... It will increase your load carrying capacity and everything... I did a coil spacer up front and you can get some cheap pro comp hydro shocks for right around a $100.

If you wanted to do it right right, iron rock Offroad makes a 0 to I think 6" double sheer adjustable track bar That will keep your wheels centered up and you wont have to drill a hole in the axle side... But that will tack on $200 to your lift cost...

Last edited:
I see you're down in RI, take a trip up to Crown Automotive in Canton, MA. I got everything I needed from them to do my small lift. Grab a new set of the HD leafs and add your old main leaf into the pack. He's got some coil spring spacers and a some slightly longer shocks to use. Get some new bushings for everything else and you'll be good to go. At 2", you can get away with the stock steering/trackbar just fine.

Back