• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon

Alex E

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know what the conditions are or know of a web site that posts conditions around the Rubicon? Trying to figure out how much snow is up there or whats melted off.

Haha thanks, not sure where to begin but I'm looking through posts now. I guess if my con trip doesn't go though ironically I'll be going to Reno. Hows the desert out there? My dad got a house in Sparks so I go to the desert to screw around every few months. I haven't found anything to crazy but I've only gone up Pyramid Lake Highway and explored around. I've found some fun rocky wash outs in the hills but nothing to gnarly.

Haha thanks, not sure where to begin but I'm looking through posts now. I guess if my con trip doesn't go though ironically I'll be going to Reno. Hows the desert out there? My dad got a house in Sparks so I go to the desert to screw around every few months. I haven't found anything to crazy but I've only gone up Pyramid Lake Highway and explored around. I've found some fun rocky wash outs in the hills but nothing to gnarly.

The desert is great, It is lots of fun out here & lots of places to go & play. Next itme you are in NV or Reno/Sparks you should post up & we can get some Reno guys to go & play. :viking:

The nice thing of course is you don't need to wait for snow to melt to access good trails. Theres plenty off of Pyramid Hwy:

Moonrocks
Steve's Loop
Billy Bobs / Twister

Theres tame stuff or stuff as 'gnarly' as you want to make it.

The nice thing of course is you don't need to wait for snow to melt to access good trails. Theres plenty off of Pyramid Hwy:

Moonrocks
Steve's Loop
Billy Bobs / Twister

Theres tame stuff or stuff as 'gnarly' as you want to make it.

Yes Eric, All of those trails are very fun & just in are back yard.

Yeah sounds good, I typically go out there and hang out with my dad, do a little target shooting and cruz the back roads. Last time I went it was just my Jeep so I didn't want to do anything to crazy because I didn't want to get stuck by my self...last time I checked there wasn't to many trees to winch to and I'm pretty sure tumble weeds are prickly but don't make good tow points. What do you guys have in mind? My Jeep is pretty capable but its not to crazy, I've got a 44 with a locker, open in the front, 4.56's, pretty legit bumpers with plenty of tow points front and rear, sliders, ect...I'm only running 32's on a 4.5 inch lift and I've got plenty of time behind the wheel of my Jeep. Just thought I'd throw that out there, not sure how gnarly you guys want to go or how built your guys stuff is. But as of now, if there is way to much snow up at the Con the weekend of the 15th then I most likely will just head to Sparks for a 3 day weekend. And of course if I DO go to the Con any guys on here are welcome to bring their rigs and do a run.

Yeah sounds good, I typically go out there and hang out with my dad, do a little target shooting and cruz the back roads. Last time I went it was just my Jeep so I didn't want to do anything to crazy because I didn't want to get stuck by my self...last time I checked there wasn't to many trees to winch to and I'm pretty sure tumble weeds are prickly but don't make good tow points. What do you guys have in mind? My Jeep is pretty capable but its not to crazy, I've got a 44 with a locker, open in the front, 4.56's, pretty legit bumpers with plenty of tow points front and rear, sliders, ect...I'm only running 32's on a 4.5 inch lift and I've got plenty of time behind the wheel of my Jeep. Just thought I'd throw that out there, not sure how gnarly you guys want to go or how built your guys stuff is. But as of now, if there is way to much snow up at the Con the weekend of the 15th then I most likely will just head to Sparks for a 3 day weekend. And of course if I DO go to the Con any guys on here are welcome to bring their rigs and do a run.

That sounds like a nice rig, Snow down in Reno/Sparks is done, Snow up at the Con, Well it is still deep & i dont think we cant make it at this point.
Later in may mite be a small chance.

Thanks, it gets good use. I guess when I think of a built rig I think of long arms, front and rear lockers, atleast 35s and the whole 9 yards. I called the rangers office and they said they got 3 days of snow last week and people are still snow shoing out there. I guess there are a few spots showing through so I'm not sure how deep the rest is but they said just keep checking back. Most of those trails you guys know are they a few hours long or pretty much go till you get bored?

Thanks, it gets good use. I guess when I think of a built rig I think of long arms, front and rear lockers, atleast 35s and the whole 9 yards. I called the rangers office and they said they got 3 days of snow last week and people are still snow shoing out there. I guess there are a few spots showing through so I'm not sure how deep the rest is but they said just keep checking back. Most of those trails you guys know are they a few hours long or pretty much go till you get bored?

I may head up there to check things out next monday, I will get some pic's.

I may head up there to check things out next monday, I will get some pic's.
i wanna go!!! lol... i was up there about 3 weeks ago and the snow was DEEP still... maybe it melted alot but im not thinking so with the off and on snow we keep getting...

i wanna go!!! lol... i was up there about 3 weeks ago and the snow was DEEP still... maybe it melted alot but im not thinking so with the off and on snow we keep getting...

Cool, We will chat over this week & see if we can make it happen, We
are going up Jumbo to VC on sunday. Call in sick on sunday big AL. :bunny:

Back