• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Piecing together kit for 3"- 3.5" lift on 33's

xj_penny

NAXJA Forum User
ARE THERE ANY KEY PARTS OTHER THAN WHAT IS LISTED BELOW THAT I STILL NEED??? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

HAVE IN HAND:

Superlift 3" coil springs
Rubicon Express 3.5" leaf packs
Quadratec Hydro 7.0/8.0 front/rear shocks
Four U-bolts
Drop pitman arm
Rough Country steering stabilizer
SYE installed T-case and built rear driveshaft
(Fenders and wheel wells cut/folded)

ORDERING THIS WEEK:

Core 4x4 upper/lower adjustable control arms
JKS front swaybar quick disconnect end links
Core 4x4 track bar and relocation bracket
Bar pin eliminator kit

Get some good coils, lose the Quadratec shocks, and there probably no need for a drop pitman arm.

Nor relocation bracket, not for 3" lift.

Do you have extended brake lines?

I'd definitely add the brake line for the rear- for the front he can just bend the Z out.

The track bar bracket isn't a bad idea especially if he can move to double shear

Superlift coils are great for the price. I'm running their 4" coils on 35s and have a much better ride and flex than the RE 3.5" coils I had.
I would add brake hoses, go for the Tier 2 or 3 Core4x4 arms. My Tier 3 arms have take a beating and are great. If you're still on stock wheels you'll either need spacers or correct backspaced wheels for those 33s.

I'd definitely add the brake line for the rear- for the front he can just bend the Z out.

The track bar bracket isn't a bad idea especially if he can move to double shear

I guess I should've asked if he been axle or body relocation. My core 4x4 Trac bar came with the body mount. I didn't think of it as relocation, just replaced for double shear.

Anywhosin

Last edited:
That spring combo is going to result in a tail-high XJ. Even with a 1.75" lift puck on my RC 3" springs, I'm still a little high in the back:

1. With the RE 3.5" springs, my stock shackles ended up hitting the body about 2/3rds of the way to full bump, so I had to switch to longer shackles, which lifted the Jeep.
2. The RE springs are conservative in their realized lift amounts.

Haven't measured it, but my boomerang shackle/RE 3.5" spring combo is more like a 5" lift...

Brake lines aren't necessary either
I'd go with a 2 or 2.5 inch leaf pack with an extended shackle out back

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That spring combo is going to result in a tail-high XJ. Even with a 1.75" lift puck on my RC 3" springs, I'm still a little high in the back:

1. With the RE 3.5" springs, my stock shackles ended up hitting the body about 2/3rds of the way to full bump, so I had to switch to longer shackles, which lifted the Jeep.
2. The RE springs are conservative in their realized lift amounts.

Haven't measured it, but my boomerang shackle/RE 3.5" spring combo is more like a 5" lift...

Could you not drop an inch off that spring pack by removing a leaf?

I understand that with this coil/leaf pack combo that my rear end will sit higher. I intentionally did that because once I add the steel Smittybuilt rear bumper/spare tire/highjack/water/gas can combo carrier on the rear end, it will add a lot of extra weight.

Lower control arms for the front. Caster is important! They don't even have to be adjustable, just extended for ~3 to 4 inch lift. YJ brake lines for the front. Extended bump stops front and rear.

If you are going up in tire size you'll need to re-gear. Your transmission will thank you.

If you are going up in tire size you'll need to re-gear. Your transmission will thank you.

Washington State has dozens of steep upgrades, 33"s and 3.55 gearing is going to be lugging much of the time, it should have 4.56 gears.
Might consider upgrading the brakes too. Taller and much heavier tires need more brake to stop them safely and in the same distance as when stock, you can't fight the laws of physics.

Back