• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some Things I learned yesterday

Lincoln

NAXJA Member #321
NAXJA Member
Since everyone was having their own fun in Moab, I decided to have mine. Planned on hitting 4 trails yesterday but we played around to much and didn't get to the entrance to the last one until abut 7:30 last night. It was probably a good idea since a CJ that was with us heard a funny sound and figured out the ears were hogged out one of the front axles and the caps were gone. Who would have thought that 37's on spicer shafts would do that. :D

1. Trying to be cool like Sinclair and pivot on the rock rail isn't always the best idea. Sometimes it slips off. (It's a complete poser shot, but I was waiting on someone to come save me.)
oops1.jpg

2. An extended cab Toy can get further up this than I can. This was crawling speed and he opted to back off after the front tires pulled. My picture was a little late.
jeff_wall.jpg

3. I can't make this line.
jeff_crack5.jpg

4. Or this one.
jeff_crack4.jpg

Okie Terry said:
Wow!
Turns out, you really do suck!

More like a dumb a$$. :) It went something like this.

1. That looks a lot easier than before. I'll just drive up there and check it out.

2. Ram rock on passenger side three or four times trying to get up. Stupid bumper.

3. Nope, that won't work. I'll go around. That rock should hang on the rock rail (check) and pivot me around (check again).

4. Rock rail slips off and I hear a hollow thump. That didn't sound good.

5. Fall out door and down to the ground. Hit chin on the door sill as I fall.

6. Walk to the other side to inspect. Hmm, not good.

7. Walk back down the trail to find my friends. They see me coming and yell "You dumb a$$, what have you done now?".

Funny part was every once in a while I could here the door pop. Took about 45 minutes to get the others up far enough to get someone out the side and above me to winch it sideways.

Here's another poser shot.
oops2.jpg

Back