• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trophies

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Trophies have a become a tradition at NWF. We're looking at keeping it going once again for this year. However, for this years event, we're looking at getting some people on board for making some home made ones. We have plenty of creative people in the NWC, so I don't think this should be too hard. ;)

First we need to decide on categories. Here's my suggestions-

Best in Mall: Most used tool is a VISA
Built not Bought: Most customized XJ, built by the owner
Macgyver Award: Best trail repair
Unsung Hero: Person always out lending a hand
Carnage Award: To that unlucky person who suffered the most carnage
Tetanus Shot Award: Whether it's a beat to hell XJ, or a hillbilly deluxe special this awards for them
Rookie Driver: For the beginner who came out and showed the most enthusiasm and capability
Peoples Choice Award: For the XJ everyone wishes they had

Opinions on the categories?

Does anyone have an idea for one, and would like to volunteer to make one? If you are serious about making one for the event, PM me with your idea. If you don't have the means to make one, then post up an idea that you may have for one.

I'd like to have these made up my the end of May.

Personally, I have an idea for the Tetanus Shot Award. It involves some rusty torched out metal, and some flux core wire. ;)

Here's the Carnage Award from 09' built by ACRO for an idea of what we're looking for. I believe Kris (Redrider2911) should have it after 'winning' it from last years event. We could choose to pass it on, or revamp it for this years winner.
IMG_0149.jpg

I have access to lots of wood :D so I could help out with plaques or bases for trophies or even a wood trophy of some sorts? I think It would be fun to do.

Have torch, Welder, spray paint

Will Fab :thumbup:

I have access to lots of wood :D so I could help out with plaques or bases for trophies or even a wood trophy of some sorts? I think It would be fun to do.
Have torch, Welder, spray paint

Will Fab :thumbup:
Care to take on any of the categories?
Best in Mall: Most used tool is a VISA
Built not Bought: Most customized XJ, built by the owner
Macgyver Award: Best trail repair
Unsung Hero: Person always out lending a hand
Carnage Award: To that unlucky person who suffered the most carnage
Tetanus Shot Award: Whether it's a beat to hell XJ, or a hillbilly deluxe special this awards for them
Rookie Driver: For the beginner who came out and showed the most enthusiasm and capability
Peoples Choice Award: For the XJ everyone wishes they had

Personally, I have an idea for the Tetanus Shot Award. I could probably come up with something for a few others as well. The Carnage Award is already made, or we could make a new one.

Anyone else want to take one on? If you can't make NWF, your still more than welcome to make a trophy. Just have to get it to someone who is going.

I really would like to see some home made trophies this year.

Last edited:
Still looking to make some trophies this year. I have ideas for most of the categories, but I'm drawing a blank on the following...

Unsung Hero Award
Built Not Bought Award

If you got an idea, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Still looking to make some trophies this year. I have ideas for most of the categories, but I'm drawing a blank on the following...

Unsung Hero Award
Built Not Bought Award

If you got an idea, I'm all ears.

How about for the Built Not Bought Award. we do 2 wrenches crossed in an X with a cherokee decal across the front of it?

How about for the Built Not Bought Award. we do 2 wrenches crossed in an X with a cherokee decal across the front of it?
Hmmm... anyone got one of those jumbo 3" wrenches they're willing to sacrifice?

I might borrow the idea and add to it a little.
Also what trophies still need to be made? I am willing to make a few since you already have the ideas in your head!
How good are you with a MIG welder? ;)

I really haven't even started yet, just trying to get some basic designs down. I'm going to dig out some parts on Saturday, and see how much progress I can make. Then I'm thinking a few of us can meet up at Snapped Shaft Customs aka Pimplessben's one night to assemble them.

Hmmm... anyone got one of those jumbo 3" wrenches they're willing to sacrifice?

I might borrow the idea and add to it a little.

How good are you with a MIG welder? ;)

I really haven't even started yet, just trying to get some basic designs down. I'm going to dig out some parts on Saturday, and see how much progress I can make. Then I'm thinking a few of us can meet up at Snapped Shaft Customs aka Pimplessben's one night to assemble them.
i have a couple of Ring and pinion sets, a few useless shafts/stub shafts.. etc etc i can donate

I give you the Unsung Hero Award. D30 ring gear, and a 5/8 clevis. For the person who goes out of their way to help a fellow wheeler.
P1010029.jpg

Picked up a jumbo wrench today for the Built Not Bought. I think it turned out pretty cool. I don't have a finished pic, but the JB Weld is currently curing.
P1010026.jpg

Still debating on how to do the Tetanus Shot award. Might do a rusty flux cored sketchy Lincoln Locker, but it's kinda clunky.
P1010025.jpg

It's funny how the two trophies I had no idea on, were the first to be made. Still got a box of parts and some more trophies needing to be made. Would anyone be up for a trophy making get together one night?

Also, does anyone have an old gauge cluster? Had an idea to mount the speedo face inside a ring gear for the Rookie Driver Award. I think I tossed my old one out.

Last edited:
Ill take on the Macgyver Award if anyone hasn't built a trophy for it yet. I found what was left of a transmission on the trail today I'd like to use to make the award. No concrete ideas yet but I can come up with something Macgyverish.

Back