• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need COFest Info

badger

NAXJA Member #829
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
As I see it, COFest is the week of Aug. 7 through August 11 this year.
I'd like to come over from AZ and enjoy the cool of CO for a few days, and I've got a few questions. Are there any fees like the Moab event and some of the trails? Any pre-event signup needed or just show up? Any motels in Buena Vista anyone could recommend (for under $100/night)? Thanks.

Check the Chalk Creek camp ground. They have cabins this year. It's better than a stinky ole hotel. Plus you'll get to put up with the rest of the yahoos at the camp ground.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80141

And welcome. No fees that I know of. Just tolerance....:firedevil

Take a look at the Coloradofest Forum.

We will be charging 5 bucks a person for the dinner (kids eat free). And we are looking at having t shirts for sale this year.....

I doubt you'd be able to find a hotel in BV in the beginning of August. I did a 2 week trek in the mountains around BV 2 years ago and popped out looking/feeling like sh!t. I strolled into town and looked for a room and found nothing. Ended up showering at the community showers (top notch facilities by the way) and then pitched a tent AGAIN.

Well, us badgers are used to sleeping in a hole in the ground, but my brother-in-law is coming too, and he's a city boy from Houston, so I hafta' make allowances.

Back