• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MUD at dinner

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
I hate to say this, but:

Last year the VFW hall looked like a farm field when we were done. We all understand that some dirt and mud is unavoidable, but if you can bring an extra set of footwear the wear to dinner your MWC BOD and the rest of the clean-up crew would really appreciate it. Many of you may not know that we get $100 back from the VFW if we leave the place clean, the last thing we want to do is give the VFW an extra $100 of YOUR money, so we sweep, mop, and vacuum.

Do us all a favor, don't walk in the VFW hall with shoes you wold not wear in your own home.

Sermon ended.

Rev

I hate to say this, but:

Last year the VFW hall looked like a farm field when we were done. We all understand that some dirt and mud is unavoidable, but if you can bring an extra set of footwear the wear to dinner your MWC BOD and the rest of the clean-up crew would really appreciate it. Many of you may not know that we get $100 back from the VFW if we leave the place clean, the last thing we want to do is give the VFW an extra $100 of YOUR money, so we sweep, mop, and vacuum.

Do us all a favor, don't walk in the VFW hall with shoes you wold not wear in your own home.

Sermon ended.

Rev

Bring this back up a week before the event as a reminder...and maybe every week between now and then...

Last year was unbelievable...

mac 'the badlands called, they want their mud back' gyvr

I will follow up on this as well. It was so bad last year that seanR even ran a vaccum. now THAT is bad! :D Lets all do our best to see that we keep the mud to a minimum and we pick up after ourselves at the VFW. That $100 saved is $100 that can go towards helping support another program or activity.

Cheese "you dont want to wear muddy shoes to mac n Graces reception do ya?" Man

I will follow up on this as well. It was so bad last year that seanR even ran a vaccum. now THAT is bad! :D Lets all do our best to see that we keep the mud to a minimum and we pick up after ourselves at the VFW. That $100 saved is $100 that can go towards helping support another program or activity.

Cheese "you dont want to wear muddy shoes to mac n Graces reception do ya?" Man

Ok, I will park my Jeep in front of the door before anyone can leave. :D I will also be bringing an extra pair of shoes this year.

tux? ill bring my leisure suit.

it`ll be a party.

I'll bring my tux

I just don't know where to go with that statement.....

31254715020_220x220_a.jpg

Can you see the aggression and madness built up on this animals face? This animal becomes very enraged when it has a vaccum in its possession...so please everyone, for the sake of the animal, please clean your mud off before entering the VFW!! :D

DSC02441.jpg

Ill bring my house shoes :D

Can you see the aggression and madness built up on this animals face? This animal becomes very enraged when it has a vaccum in its possession...so please everyone, for the sake of the animal, please clean your mud off before entering the VFW!! :D

DSC02441.jpg

who was vacuuming? Sean is holding the cord at this point. He did most of the vacuuming btw.

Thats it, every one wears their house shoes ( slippers ) for the dinner.:rof:
Cardboard

Sweet, I will bust out the garfield slippers! :D

i got some cowboy boots that i made into bowling shoes. will those do?

Hell, my huge size 16 Redwings probably tracked some mud in, I'll try and stay after this year and volunteer to clean up a bit. Not to mention drink a few with those badass WWII vets.

Just so you all know that the BOD feels pretty silly having to bring this up. We do not expect you to be spotless, but at least knock off the big chunks before you get there.

If anyone want to chip in for clean-up let me know.

Thanks gang.

Rev

Just so you all know that the BOD feels pretty silly having to bring this up. We do not expect you to be spotless, but at least knock off the big chunks before you get there.

If anyone want to chip in for clean-up let me know.

Thanks gang.

Rev

I will help clean up this time Rev.

Back