• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Richmond Powertrax

DKDunn04

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experience with these? I am thinking about putting them front and rear in my XJ. I drive a lot of highway miles, so I dont really know if these would be good for that. Any thoughts?

You may want search a few threads. This has been covered a LOT lately, and to boot, there is another open thread on the subject at this very moment. At the very bottom of this thread it shows 2 other very promising threads to look at.

Edit: Also this one http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=993123

Aussie lockers and Lock-Rights are basically the same stuff. Richmond Gear has an install video on their site (last time I checked).

Does anyone have any experience with these? I am thinking about putting them front and rear in my XJ. I drive a lot of highway miles, so I dont really know if these would be good for that. Any thoughts?

Powertrax Lockright or Powertrax No-Slip?? Like Ron said, the Lockright and Aussie are very similar. The No-Slip is a bit more street-friendly.

I put in front and rear No-Slips with no prior experience working on differentials. They work very well offroad and are hardly noticeable on the road. You just have to remember that they're there and coast through turns.

Powertrax makes the no-slip for the C8.25 and lock-right for the D30. I've got a no-slip in the rear and I don't notice it at all on the street. I drive 60 miles round trip to work at least 2-3 days a week, plus have gone on long trips. The locker does wonders offroad and is perfectly street friendly.

I have no experience with a front locker, but I hear they are pretty invisible on-road in 2wd.

I've heard the No-slip is a lot more street friendly - but the price is a little higher. Detroit has something similar out now, too, I'm looking into that.

Rear lockers tend to cause understeer under power - so while turning in snow, they push you out wider in the turn. Seems to me you should be in 4HI at that point, which should compensate. The Power Trac and Aussie are known for a lot of noise breaking in, and some report hearing them all the time in turns, which means they don't coast.

If you have enough skills to change a timing chain, you should be able to install a lunchbox locker if - IF - you don't have to pull the carrier for your specific vehicle. It gets more complicated for that, but it's better than grinding teeth off the ring gear.

Back