• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

04 f350 rear end

Should be a very stout axle, the only problem is Ford runs a strange metric 8 lug bolt pattern on their new trucks so you would have to run adapters or get the shafts redrilled OR get the front axle out of the same truck. HTH

MIke

Is that the Sterling 10.25 axle? It is big, but like people have said aftermarket support is probably not that great for it. You should be able to gear it low and get a detroit locker for it.

I believe that it is a Sterling 10.25" like my F-250 has only with the dual hubs. I've looked at them but they are extrememly large and heavy. Not really a good candidate unless you are running 48" tires

The sterling 10.25 actually has plenty available for it in the aftermarket. Lockers, spools, gears, set up kits, axle shafts, you name it.

There are so many super duty's where im from running around on 44" tsl's, boggers, 46" claws, and 49" iroks that the aftermarket had to dive into this realm. Everybody and their mother has lifted superduty's anymore, and its starting to show in the catalogues. Just check around and you should have no problem finding parts...
if you need them, that is. Good luck breaking those things on anything less than 40's.

Not sure how much it matters when searching for parts, but it is actually 10.5". They increased the ring gear size in '99 with the Super Duties. Pre '98s are 10.25".

William Crawley

That's our there......even for Vegas, Tony. Many other options available that are a better fit.....but then you knew that already, didn't you?

Back