• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GearWrench 15 Pc. Long Non-ratcheting Wrenches Metric 100 bux off

50 bucks is still a lot of coin to drop on box end wrenches imho... no problems with my task force (low end kobalt) ones that i've had for a few years. i did pick up a full set of sae and metric gearwrench brand, deep and std, 3/8" drive, 6pt sockets for 50 bucks shipped on ebay brand new. thats a deal, pretty sure the same ebay store sells them on the reg for that price.

i dont work on cars 24/7, i dont need some crazy ass plain jane box wrench. i have a full set of actual gearwrench ratcheting wrenches already.

I love my ratcheting wrenches(Husky, gear wrench or whatever the brand) but these wrenches are Long versions. If a fastener is 16" away it doesn't matter how awesome your 7" ratcheting wrench is, it won't reach. Having a set of long handle wrenches comes in handy, sure ratcheting long handles would be even better but then the price would match that to account for the said longer handles....

I'm so tempted to buy both sets. Should I just do it?

I did...maybe a bit more than the Lowes/Harbor Freight sets but the additional length is nice and you're not gonna find as complete a set (1/4"-1") at either of those places.

Mine shipped two days ago, I'll post back about 'em when they arrive.

I did...maybe a bit more than the Lowes/Harbor Freight sets but the additional length is nice and you're not gonna find as complete a set (1/4"-1") at either of those places.

Mine shipped two days ago, I'll post back about 'em when they arrive.

Well shit, that was fast. Just showed up.

They seem pretty nice, I'd say it's worth getting. Especially since I had free shipping on it too.

Anyone ever used these wrenchs? How do they compare to the higher end stuff like snap on.
In comparison to Craftsman, they suck. I had the open end/ratcheting type. I would round off bolts that Craftsman would be able to get off. They definitely flex more than Craftsman.

In comparison to Craftsman, they suck. I had the open end/ratcheting type. I would round off bolts that Craftsman would be able to get off. They definitely flex more than Craftsman.

kind of odd, sine Danaher Corp. manufacturers both Gearwrench and Craftsman in the same plant on the same assembly lines.:eyes:

either way opened ended wrenches aren't meant for applying big torque on a fastener, that is specifically what the box end is designed for.

This is news to me, never had problems with any of my multi generation, decades spanning collection of craftsmen wrenches deflecting under load... The only exception is a small open end i customized for brake bleeding, and blamed the customization for the problems.

Its common knowledge not to use wratchetting wrenches for high torque fasteners... but this is news to me, that i dont particularly buy...

Back