• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Great Low $$ Re-Gear Special - 419$ XJ Gears & Master kits

What gear? That is the question that plagues my mind!

If I follow Roxtars math from his FAQ post "What gear ratio do I want?"
and insert my stock 3.07s for my manual 5 speed.
I end up with 3.75(33") or 3.97 (35") that gets me back to the stock ratio. 4.10 would be OK but would going to 4.56 be too much or even enough (4.88)? I don't think going any bigger than 35 would be wise on the D30, any larger I will be getting new axles anyway and all this is moot.

The rig is not my DD as I have a work vehicle for that, but it does get me around town after work and on weekends when I am not out wheeling. I am not too worried about gas other than being able to get out to the trails.

Thick gears vs a new carrier (?), what are your thoughts on that?

Yes, it is a HP, original from my 1999 XJ, and I recently aquired a 1987 XJ D44 with limited slip also currently at 3.07.

I was thinking of an auto lock on the front. Hard to beat that Lokka/Aussie for $195 compared to $700+ +air for selectable. Maybe after I get caught back up in the wallet LOL.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Mark

thanks for the chromo shafts Robert!

This is back up and available...

Thanks for the grizzly! Putting it in next weekend.

Re: Great Low $$ Re-Gear Special - 419$ XJ Gears & Master kits

Can I get a price out the door shipped to 95825

D30 HP 4.88s with carrier for bigger gears

C8.25 4.88s

plz n thanks

Could you send me a price quote?

I know this doesn't really go with your thread but I figured I'd ask.

Axles:
-Ford HP Dana 44 front
-Centered rear wagoneer dana 44

I was wondering what the cost would be to have 4.88 gears and Yukon air lockers (if they are available for these axles) installed. I live north of L.A. near Palmdale. Keep in mind both of the axles will be bare housings not installed in a vehicle without anything in them so there wouldn't be any tear down or cleaning needed prior to the install.

I'm trying to get prices for this this ahead of time sine I'm gonna be building up Both the axles. A military friend of mine recommended you guys, and I'm also military.

PM'ed you. Sorry it took a day, I was out of office all day yest.

still on sale

Back