• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fat City Pre-Runner build

my friend has a Hnm kit on his F1. You WONT be disappointed. He has the billet uppers and billet steering upgrades. His truck rides beautifully

Alright! Spent all day Saturday buttoning up the rear. Got the Deaver's on. Pulled the shock mounts out for welding and painting. Plated the frame area and got it all back together.

Boxed the inside of the mounts.
DSC00700-1.jpg

DSC00701-1.jpg

I himmed and hawed over plating the frame where the hoops bolt to. I'm on a tight schedule, but I'd hate to see it give a problem later on, so I bit the bullet and went for it.
DSC00708.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

Sunday marked a full day of suck. Had some help from a friend. We pulled all of the stock torsion suspension off and plasma'd all the bracket off the frame. Went to town with the 4" for a few hours and got the frame cleaned up and ready for the new stuff

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00720-1.jpg

I'm hoping to have it done by then, but I'm in Frisco that weekend. I plan on bringing it out the following weekend for Best Trip Ever. Your coming right?

Maybe but it's going to be a tough sale.

And I think this new truck is waaaay too nice and fast for Best Ever, but it'll probably be a lot easier on your back.

Quick update:

Been going slow. Waiting on shocks from King still....:rolleyes:
Made the upper brackets and mocked everything up on both sides, but I need shocks in order to cycle it before I weld it up.

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

Looks super pimp! :greensmok

How thick is that frame material where you're welding on the upper control arm mounting tabs? Would suck to rip those off.

Back