• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust interference following lift..Why?

spkshasha

NAXJA Forum User
OK a few years ago I got a cheapo Meineke exhaust from the cat back. I'm a college student, moneys tight sometimes. It fit fine, Until I put on my 3" Superlift with spring packs. I gained well over 3", closer to 5. Anyway, now I hear distinct thumps of the pipe hitting things, mainly the rear passenger leaf. Why problems after the lift all of a sudden? The muffler/pipes are rusting thru anyway, so I am gonna get a new exhaust. Any suggestions or tips to avoid future interference?? Those thumps make me cringe. Thanks -Shawn

the lift has new bigger/longer spring shackles doesnt it? the tail pipe interferes with it... lots of basic fixes for the problem.. i just deal with it.. i only hear it when i an doing a steep climb with lots of engine power... look close at the shackle and tail pipe.. wiggle it a bit.. you will probably find a shiny new wear mark on them.. maybe you could dimple the pipe with a BFH and get a lil mor eclearance?

Back