• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Q for anyone with 97-98 w/power drivers seat (or FSM)

JEEPZZ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting in a set of power leather seats from a 99+ XJ. The 99+ have the wiring pigtail (for power and heat) coming out of the harness just under the passenger front door sill trim plate. In my 97 there is no wiring exiting the harness at that location.
The 97-98 XJ's only had a drivers side seat with optional power controls. The passenger side seat were all manually operated. I also checked for a wiring pigtail under the drivers side sill plate but there' nothing exiting the harness there either.
If someone with a power drivers side seat in a 97-98 could take a look at where the seat wiring connects to the main harness, it would help me out big time. The colors of the wires would help too. I had my center console off several months back and I don't recall seeing any unused pigtails ending under there. Keep in mind there is one set of wires that connect to the drivers seat belt.
(pertaining to 97-98) The power drivers seat only came on the 97 Country as optional equipment and the 98 Limited as standard equipment.

Thankzz!

98 FSM doesn't show a connection location for power seats.

C316 | BK | At Power Seat | N/S = Not Shown

wire color from junction box to power seat switch - RD/LB

wire color from power seat switch to power seat motor...

front up - RD/LG
front down - YL/LG
rear up - RD/WT
rear down - YL/WT
forward - YL/LB
rearward - RD/LB

There is also the needed ground for the switch

ground - BK

Hope that helps some.

-Chuck

Back