• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im noticing a trend here

*sighs*

I think the sigh was in response to the vehicle posted, not the fact that you were posting. I agree, it seems functionality goes out the window pretty quickly when some morons get a hold of vehicles. Yeah, I guess to the uneducated eye it looks "cool", but actually try to wheel that thing. I bet the drive lines are maxed out with that high of an angle, the thing has to be top heavy as hell, and I don't really care for the leaf spring conversion up front. However, I do wish I had those built D44's to swap into my rig.

you want lift? theres a chevy down the street from my house on 49' iroks, hes got lift springs and huge drop shackles as well as like 6 inch blocks, in the front... hes got anti wrap bars done up, hey are thin walled tubing that wasnt strong enough so they just took another piece of tubing and tack welded it on top of the ones that were in place. And of course the most rigged up steering ive ever seen. I put his drive shaft angle at about 70 degrees.
He only wants $28,000 for it. Any takers??? :spin1:

Indeed! We want pics!

Pics from me? I'll see what I can do, Im fabbing up rear suspension on my j 20, I'm inboarding the rears. I'll try to remember, at first glance the truck looks sharp, but like i said. Really I should just take pictures of my build today if you want scary suspension haha. Btw swamp rat is the name of my 71 scout 800 b, it's pinstriped across the hood ;) good username

here ya go.

Brian (cagerxj) who is 5'6 for some scale...

IMG_3581.jpg

anti wrap bar support

IMG_3582.jpg

the DS has so much angle the yoke almost binds at rest. Also the front blocks, im not sure if they are suposta act as shims... also does anyone know why the guy made this would have left that much excess on that block??? i cant figure it out...

IMG_3588.jpg

:roflmao: i thought it was funny

IMG_3590.jpg

rear shackles, yeah

IMG_3593.jpg

my hand is a 6.25 inches long

IMG_3594.jpg

not exactly dial up friendly, but i thought you red river boys might get a kick out of it. BTW did anyone notice the front axle they went with??? My room mate broke his hp44 on 39s twice in the last month. Personally i think this dealership should be... i dont even know, fined or something. This is the second truck they have had in this condition on the lot. The worst part is they are selling them to young Marines who get back from deployment and have the cash to burn. Someones gonne get hurt. Its an :explosion waiting to happen. Ive been looking for an excuse to use that smilie, haha sorry it was a reach i know

Josh

Yeah that's ridiculous, but it looks cool and that is what sells. I know a lot of car lots will take a truck add a cheap lift and bigger tires and then mark it up to 2-3 times more what the lift and rubber was. and they sell!

And i bet if they ever do get into legalities it comes to the point that the buyer took the vehicle offroad and abused it and that is why the components failed.

:doh:

Back