• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab 2013

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I left on Monday, camped outside of Minturn that night. See Show your colors.
Arrived at Slickrock Tues. aft. Dennis, Brian, and Janine were already there.
Wed. I ran Steel Bender, rated a Moab 6. I'll post a few non-interesting pictures, but I'd recommend following this link for better pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...853.1073741840.1098977676&type=1&l=e67bd4c0f6

Lunch

Sorry, at the obstacles, I was more interested in getting up them, than taking pictures. I beat on the jeep harder than I ever had, and it made it back, so there is a lesson there. I landed really hard once, and amazingly enough it was on my armored cross-member. :)

The next day it rained, so I relaxed. That night, there was a BBQ and show and shine put on by the Intermountain chapter. Lot's of jeeps.

The next day I ran Strike Ravine, a 5 on the Moab scale. After the rain the day before, the loose rock and clay made it more like an 8. We were going sideways as much as forward, up and down. Link includes my pics.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1105801

The old beasts, the jeep and myself, made it back. The jeep needed a few quarts of oil for the trip, esp coming back pulling the trailer. It was fun.

Hopefully, Brian and Janine have some photos to post. They ran the more interesting trails.

I saw a photo of the line up at a different angle and there was a silver XJ with a matching silver back-half XJ trailer........

Did you see it? Has anyone taken better pics of it or know if a build thread exists?

10257735514_21d3fa62f7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back