• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj-armor electric fan override

edmaude

NAXJA Member #1368
I did the lazy move and bought one of XJ Armors fan override kits. Seems like a great kit, but I can not get it to work. It is so simple all I need to do is run the one wire to a hot fuse and the other to the switch. Well, nothing is happening and have not heard back from Steve at XJ Armor yet. Am I missing something? Has anyone else installed one of these? Thanks

I have made better decisions in the past. Ordered the kit on Ebay on a whim even after reading all the feedback. Now that I have a switch and wire etc sitting around how easy is it to just do it myself w/o the relay?

Hi,

as i didn't found anything on the web about those kit I don't really know what you mean. But I think you want to manually switch the electric fan, don't you?
I installed this in my XJ 2,5TD (Diesel) too. The only thing was to install the switch. One cable to chassis-ground and the other to the relay which is switching the fan.

Maybe you can draw a small plan how you connected your swich. Also try top messure what you are switching. MAybe you also need chasis-ground to switch the fan?

Rainer :wave:

Back