• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico....run stuff

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The plan is to have two runs on Sat and two runs on Sunday. All runs will stage at the campground around 8:00 and will leave no later than 8:30. Sat one run will be up Doran Canyon, which is difficult if you run the obstacles but easy if you take the bypasses, except for one off camber ledge that has no bypass. The other run will be up Odessa Canyon, which is easy to moderate. Both canyons are scenic and interesting, with a number of mines that can be explored.

Sun there will be a group going up Odessa but taking a different canyon back down, which is a half day run making it easy to head for home by early to mid afternoon. The other run is to Pumpkin Eater in Stoddard Valley, about a 20 minute drive away. This run is difficult. Those with one locker can run the first part of the trail, and then park and watch the others. The trail goes up two short canyons but comes back down the same canyons. To do the entire trail will require two lockers and preferably a winch.

How many are planning to run Pumpkin Eater on Sunday?

Michaelle took Friday, Jan 30th, off, so we will be arriving early. Probably by late morning. Other than strolling around the ghost town or driving out to Giant Rock, is there anything else to do in Calico while waiting for the rest of youz guyz to get there?

Anybody else planning on arriving early Friday?

I will be arriveing around 11:00 a.m. Friday Andy. My wifes coming along so I am sure we can find something to do until others arrive

umm i dont exactly know where calico is.... directions??? and would it be ok if i joined u guys on sunday??

witt said:
umm i dont exactly know where calico is.... directions??? and would it be ok if i joined u guys on sunday??

We'll be staying at the Calico Ghost Town Campground. Calico is east of Barstow a few miles off of I15, and there are signs. Exit Ghost Town Rd and turn left under the freeway, Calico is a couple of miles up the road. There are gas stations, including an Arco, at the Ghost Town Rd exit.

Sure you can join us Sunday.

I might be up for that, but will probably stay in camp and visit before the runs. I will be up for dinner Fri evening at Peggy Sue's if anyone wants to go.

Richard,
Tammy and I plan to eat at Peggy Sues Friday and Saturday night for dinner, we are dropping Ryan at grandmas for the weekend and plan to take it as easy as posible which means we do not feel like cooking at all, gonna buy premade subs for lunches and instant oatmeal for breakfast. And enjoy the weekend with the child springs removed from our butts :)

Back