• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racing against the grain

A little birdy told me you had some good footage from the Birthday Bash.... how many months will that take to get released? :looser:

lol well someone had to break on the first trail so that footage is at very limited capacity :dunno:

lol well someone had to break on the first trail so that footage is at very limited capacity :dunno:

Hey hit till you make it or break it...... party1:

Lights came in and now mounts are made. Turned out to be a lot more badass than I had originally planned. I'll take it.

Wiring happens tomorrow. That will surely be interesting.

Went all the way to Rausch Creek this passed weekend with some friends for two days of wheeling. What started off as a cold Saturday ended with a massive amount of snow. Only broke a U Joint Ubolt at the yoke and took minor body damages, mirror, taillight, and rear quarter panel. no biggie.

Trailering home was probably the sketchiest part of the day. 2 hours of battling roads for a 40 minute regular trip.

Reattacked Sunday with sunshine and lots of snow.

Got one of two A pillar dash brackets made. Solid as can. I’m happy with the result. Gotta do it again and start connecting the sliders through the floor to the bracket. Then finish the rest of the way to B pillar. Then comes more “subchassis” work for the seats and things.

I have 28 days until race day at the Busted Knuckle Offroad park and I have to:
Finish cage work
Install fuel cell
Wire fuel pumps
Mount new extinguishers and radio
Install rear amber and blue light
Get some sort of Hi Lo siren installed
Get new driveshafts installed
Get Hans neck braces here
Probably remove Windshield
Adjust rear air bumps
Fix power steering leak
Reinstall seats with new harnesses

Abbreviated list from the top of my head. I’m sure there’s more small things. Manageable but still a process nonetheless.

d623febe976205d2112c4e5b505e1392.jpg

1fb012887929a023638c501efda75013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not external a pillars with a roof halo?

I am looking forward to seeing the final product.

Both A Pillar Brackets finished. Time to start measuring and cutting “sliders to a pillar Bracket” length. Gonna reuse old pieces for this since they’re already bent at the bottom the way I need them to be.

DOM .125 wall on order. Will be here this week. Then we get to have the real fun.

8b0e0b40f15e376f10a17578fb77cb5a.jpg

f7fa1eb85e0ab18308ed53ee50153808.jpg

Both sides cut and fitted for the most part. Sliders will be tied in nicely. Waiting on some more flat bar material so I can tie into the tranny tunnel. Then we weld her up. Much more to go.

4a34c9d467266ba55250faf33a78cc5b.jpg

779577f1b2de9000aa2377a49a2ca48a.jpg

de2a4582d70638427985d225522ea769.jpg

Sub chassis pretty much done. Working on seats now. Window nets are done and glass removed. Rear facing lights mounted but not wires yet. Gotta get the cage wrapped up this week. Then get the fuel cell installed. Running out of time...of course

0fd62a73247877ee56a8dc5754179532.jpg

47026a0ec09052df7340acbd76e2848b.jpg

1c63ea0ce1819e32abf2d2b986b4d1c7.jpg

3745c018d3972c24506b092cbe982820.jpg

Ready to burn the rest in. But is transformation Saturday a thing? Because wow all of this happened fast. No more windshield officially crosses me over into the dark side.

Looking good. Cage looks nice and tight to the body

Yeah its way better than version 1 of the cage. Its all in those dash A Pillar Brackets that wrap around the dash. They really allow you to bring it tight to the body in the front.

Pro Rock Racing Survival Series Race 1 was a success. There was 5 of us in the stock class and only 2 of us survived.

Only encountered an overheating issue but we pulled through with zero failures and were able to finish. The course was ruthless. Steep inclines and declines with really annoying rocks all the way. The waterfall was the toughest section, which is what caused us to finally over heat. We managed to pull off one full lap with two minutes to spare.

We snagged second place. Couldn't be more proud. I was really stressing myself out trying to get this thing ready.

Next race is May 25-27 in Leburn, KY.

Congrats.

It sounds like you earned that trophy.

Congrats.

It sounds like you earned that trophy.

Thanks. I was aiming to finish but placing 2nd is just awesome. I laugh because there was so much work being done the day before I wasn't confident that we were really 100%. Low and behold she held together.

Just ordered some new valving stacks for the shocks. Needs higher compression. If I could share the video on here of me jumping it you would see how out of control my shocks are. They don't dampening the hard hits at all so I did a hop thing. Thats a no go.

Rear shock mounts are being redone and we are switching to our front 4 link system. She's going to ride like a dream in comparison. Here's a pic of the front 4 link. I'll be running 7075 Aluminum links with heims because race jeep.

Back