• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Registration form, 25th Anniversary Celebration

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here is a link to the Moab event registration form. You can click on the link to e-mail the form and pay through PayPal, or you can print out the form and mail it in with your check.

Moab event registration form

Event headquarters will be at Slickrock Campground, 1301-½ N. Hwy 191, Moab UT 84532. Reservations can be made by calling 800-448-8873 or 453-259-7660, or by going to their website at www.slickrockcampground.com

Registration is $40 and it includes trails for Friday and Saturday, two event stickers, one event raffle ticket, and one Fri night dinner. Additional dinners will be $12, and kids dinners will be $5. Trails for days other than Friday and Saturday will cost $5 to cover the required BLM trail fee.

Registration will be available each morning and evening, before and after trail rides, at the registration table at Slickrock Campground. Vehicle inspections will be held at registration. Any vehicles not meeting the safety requirements will not be allowed on scheduled event trail rides. Trail rides will be scheduled each day of the event and sign up for trail rides will take place at the registration table. Tickets for both the Sweepstakes XJ and the event raffle will also be sold at the registration table.

Advance registration is requested so we can better plan for the event activities, though registrations will be accepted at the event. Pre-registrations including shirt and sweatshirt orders must be received by Sept 2, all registrations must be recieved no later than Sept 22.

Schedule of events

Tuesday evening: Get Aquainted Reception at Slickrock Campgound. Food and drinks will be provided while you register, sign up for trails, buy raffle tickets, and visit with new and old friends.

Thursday evening: Show and Shine at Swaney City Park in central Moab. Food will be available.

Friday evening: Dinner and program at the Moab Senior Center. Awards will be presented, the Sweepstakes XJ will be given away, and the event raffle will be held.

Saturday evening: Wrap Up Bar-B-Que at Slickrock Campground.

See you all there, :wave:

I'm IN! Great Post #1300

Filled out registration in link, but can't pay-pal from work will as soon as I get home. Thanks everyone who has worked so diligently to get this event happening!

Tom

Goat... question.

The included stuff seems to be mainly Friday/Saturday... unfortunatley I have to head out on Friday. Any chance the trail rides the registration pays for can be moved to other ones?

John

I don't see anywhere in the registration form that shows requested Trails. I would like to be one of the 10rig on Pritchett for Thursday. Where to we request that? Thanks.

I also have a simular question to IslanderOffRoad - I plan on arriving on Wednesday - Running Pritchett on Thursday, relaxing with the In-Laws and wifey on Friday and Running a Family trail on Saturday. Can my 40$ cover the trail on Thursday or do I need to pay an extra 5$? Just curious. Thanks.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Goat... question.

The included stuff seems to be mainly Friday/Saturday... unfortunatley I have to head out on Friday. Any chance the trail rides the registration pays for can be moved to other ones?

John

To make the whole process of registration and collecting the BLM trail fee easier, we decided to absorb those days into the event expense structure. Those will be the busiest trail days, so we won't need to bother with fees for those days. We also won't have to bother keeping track of who's paid for how many days. If you wheel Wed, you pay $5, if you wheel Sat, you don't pay anything. We wish we didn't have to deal with this, but we do. We also have a $5 fee to the Sand Flats Recreation Area for everyone who runs Hell's Revenge, Fins and Things, and Porcupine Rim, which we're working in and keeping track of.

Our attemp was to keep it simple, I hope that's how it turns out.

exoedxj said:
I don't see anywhere in the registration form that shows requested Trails. I would like to be one of the 10rig on Pritchett for Thursday. Where to we request that? Thanks.

We're going to try to figure out how to do that, keep you eye on it.

I can understand that.

Any chance of an explaination of the rating system for us noobs? I want to make sure I don't get in over my head on my choices.

Also... if I were to do a run Friday before taking off, are there any time estimates on completing each trail?

I recommend traildamage.com for ratings and discriptions.

IntrepidXJ - I forgot all about that sight..... :)

IslanderOffRoad said:
I can understand that.

Any chance of an explaination of the rating system for us noobs? I want to make sure I don't get in over my head on my choices.

Also... if I were to do a run Friday before taking off, are there any time estimates on completing each trail?

We also will have knowledgeable people at the registration table to answer questions about trails.

As you know, we never know what might happen out on any trail on any given day. However, all the trail leaders will be making every effort to get folks off the trail in time for the Friday evening program.

thanks guys!

What time Monday Does the Registration Start SlickRock Camp Ground?

exoedxj said:
What time Monday Does the Registration Start SlickRock Camp Ground?

How early in the day is open yet, but definitely by late afternoon/early evening.

Goatman said:
How early in the day is open yet, but definitely by late afternoon/early evening.
Registration will open as soon as I'm back from whatever trail I'm on :D Hard to tell now but if I had to guess I'd say it'd be around 5ish at the latest.

Kejtar said:
Registration will open as soon as I'm back from whatever trail I'm on :D Hard to tell now but if I had to guess I'd say it'd be around 5ish at the latest.

Unless he breaks down which happens most of the time. I'd plan on 10pm. :D

Israel said:
Unless he breaks down which happens most of the time. I'd plan on 10pm. :D
Huh? there will be a contingency plan for that... and only once due to breakage I was in camp as late as 1900! And that one was FDR.......

Back