• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Treasure Hunt (Salvage Yard Pickup)

Saudade

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Another 1988 XJ finally appeared in a local yard. Despite the rain, I headed out knowing these don't come available very often. It wasn't raining when I got there but started raining while there and forced me to seek refuge inside the vehicle I was stripping. The front windows were open so the front seats were pretty soaked and water was pooling on the floor.

Looks like someone beat me to it as a lot of the interior trim was already taken but it was the wrong color so I didn't take anything.

I did manage to get a few parts that are unobtainium (or expensive) these days. They included the EGR valve and transducer, evap canister, the EGR solenoid, electric fan diode, and the driver seat base. My seat is power but some of the steel is cracked causing the seat to wobble. The seat base I got is a manual with the rocker so it will do while I get my broken one welded.

I may go back in a day or two once the weather clears and things dry out.

For now, here's the haul.

7cBq1x7l.jpg

Back