• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Screw the rear axel welded shock stud mount!

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
chucker54_1958_141682970

Ta-Da!
Any one ever use these or think about using them? Basically, you shock will now mount up to your leaf spring plate instead of on the axel. no only does this raise the mounting location of your axel shock mounting point, but it eleminates having to weld on a new shock stud when putting a different axel on your ride.

These run about $90 on the web site I found that picture on (http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/marilesishpl.html) but guess what people!? you can get them for 3$ a piece from a stock isuzu rodeo or honda passport with the leaf spring axels (which always come with a D44) at the junk yard.

Any insite on these? if Isuzu and Honda run the shocks off the spring plate, so can we!
(5 heffweizens is when this idea hit me right now)

Say no to these! ahahah
suzukilowershockmounts.GIF

Last edited:
yeah.. either that or you're going to be running something like 4-6" travel shocks. Another option would be purchasing the JKS cross over and running them on the inner most setting (not a good solution though)...

Good Idea but not very practical IMO...

Edit: Only 5?

uncc civilengineer said:
yeah.. either that or you're going to be running something like 4-6" travel shocks. Another option would be purchasing the JKS cross over and running them on the inner most setting (not a good solution though)...

Good Idea but not very practical IMO...

Edit: Only 5?

Hmmm.... I posted all that with out ever looking at my rear to see what I could fit back there, shoot.

Oh and that was 5+ half a bottle of Moscato Wine lol. Damn Trader Joes.

Last edited:
Funny you posted that cause I had a pair of those from a YJ and was going to use them until I saw how high my shocks would have been. I ended up cutting the shock stud off and welding it to my axle.

It still seems like a good idea if I can get it to work out some how. Maybe if I drilled a hole on the leaf perch and bolted the stud in through there? I'm gonna have to look at this...

$90...(n)

Find someone parting out an MJ and buy their spring plates. They're the same design, FYI.

Jeff

edit: pic of my MJ, plates are under the spring packs:

Picture013.jpg

Hmm bolt something like that under the leaf springs, run a stock length shock...
How much would you say that would raise the mounting point? 3-4"? Im not home so I can't go look under a jeep and see...

Back