• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 Chrysler tilt column swap

WiscoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I know this isn't mj tech but I figured the renix era xj's would be similar.. I sawpped a 94 Chrysler model tilt column into my 90 mj yesterday. Everything went well but I'm wondering about one thing I did. I had to drill holes in the boot at the base to match the mj firewall and the holes at the top of the column had to be drilled out to slide on the larger bolts on the mj. The only thing that is odd is that the black boot/ seal at the base didn't meet up to the firewall. It was about 2" away. So I simply slipped it down so it me the firewall

Was that the correct thing to do? Or do I need to swap the mount in the interior dash area from the xj to hold the column closer to the firewall? If so I assume I would have to pull the column to steering box shaft and swap it too. Anyone have any input or seen this? All the searches iv found say "direct swap"

Thanks y'all

I'd say you're fine. As long as the splines are fully engaged on the steering shaft and it's all bolted up then moving the boot down was the best and easiest solution

Back