• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Deer Valley Run - June 26 - June 28

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
There is a little confusion on the other thread (and I can't lock it) so this is the official run date / planning thread.

The trip is open to rookie's and the more seasoned wheelers, and NON-NAXJA Member are also welcome. There's a little for everyone on these trails.

Then plan is to get up there Friday Morning and camp at Hermit Valley Campground through to Sunday.

Deer Valley on Saturday:
Start at about 9:30 - The trail is approximately 7 miles (one way). We can go all the way through or stop at the second water crossing, eat some lunch, maybe shoot some powpows then turn back around. Depends on how many rigs we have and how quick we make it through.

Slick Rock on Sunday:
Leave around 10 am - Slick Rock can be done in about 2 hours and is a lot of fun.

Xjensen has an awesome write up of both trails:
Deer Valley
http://www.4x4trailmaps.com/Maps/State/California/Deer_Valley/Deer_Valley.html

Slick Rock
http://www.4x4trailmaps.com/Maps/State/California/Slick_Rock/Slick_Rock.html

Minimum requirements for both trails:
1. 3" of lift
2. 31's (all terrains or muds is fine)
3. At least one solid tow point

I would be willing to cook up some Ribs for Dinner on Saturday night. I need to know how many of you would be up for that. The cost would be $10 per person and bring some sort of side if you can :cheers:

This is always a great trip. The camp sites are sweet, the trail is beautiful and the wheelin kicks butt.

I am going to try to make this one, it was a great trip last year. But with a new job coming soon I am not sure if it will pan out. Oh and I will fix those maps on the website tomorrow, I switched servers and a few things a broken still.

Josh

I'll be in attendance and the rib/side dish deal sounds good.

I will planning on coming looks awesome do you have to make reservations to camp there or how does it work never camped over their thanks.

I will planning on coming looks awesome do you have to make reservations to camp there or how does it work never camped over their thanks.

No reservations needed. The camping is right off of Hwy 4 (literally 100 feet off of Hwy 4). There is plenty of spots and plenty of space for tow rigs and camp trailers. If it gets full, there are more spots about 1/4 mile up the road on the right. Last year there was over 10 or so rigs and there was plenty of room for everyone.

Camp fires should not be a problem either. Not everyone needs one but try to get a camp fire permit if you can. I will post the link when I find it.

DV08_0459.jpg

DV08_0462.jpg

I had a great time last year - bummed to be missing this run this year. :bawl:

When I get home (or maybe tomorrow) I'll throw some pics from last year up!

Thanks Mark for putting this together!

Im planning on being there, and a few few of my friends comin. I can pitch in for the ribs, and are we supposed to bring a side? anyways looking forward to it. Tried to get momma to come and bring the baby but she aint comin lol.

Im planning on being there, and a few few of my friends comin. I can pitch in for the ribs, and are we supposed to bring a side? anyways looking forward to it. Tried to get momma to come and bring the baby but she aint comin lol.

Nice - look forward to meeting you and your buds....

A side is optional (but would be nice :chef: ) Nothing major, chips & salsa, salad, mac or potato salad, beens, Patrone Silver :wave:

I am definitely in for this run, great time last year. I down for ribs too...Mark let me know if I can bring anything else (my mom has a great potato salad recipe!...)

Bryan

ill be doing my best to make it.

I might make it for one day depending on the Better half letting me out of the house. New baby will be here by then so my leash will be short. Might be able to swag it if i bring my 3 y/o along, she gets a kick out of wheelin. Will let you know.

Is this run open to non-XJ's? I've got a couple of buds in TJ's that may want to go. We can definately help with the ribs and ...

As a side note, isn't it amazing how much this trail has changed over the years? I've got pics of me (pre-digital) doing this trail in 91' (when the heep still shined) and for the most part it's a lot of dirt and a few rocky spots!

Back