• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey YELLA...

YICK... that is far from the truggy!! the only thing that is the same is the color and that also looks to be an XJ frame!

Jeezus........ I REALLY need to paint that damn thing.

I just wish I could decide on a color. I've been leaning toward painting the tube work gloss black again, but the body flat black. Then do some of the suspension pieces in dark silver. Possibly adding yellow scallops/tribal thing of some sort to the hood, fenders into the doors..... :dunno:

I had been considering flat desert sand with a slight military spin, but there's quite a few rigs out there like that already...... and I don't have much military history or interest.......

Last edited:
I just wish I could decide on a color. I've been leaning toward painting the tube work gloss black again, but the body flat black. Then do some of the suspension pieces in dark silver. Possibly adding yellow scallops/tribal thing of some sort to the hood, fenders into the doors..... :dunno:

I had been considering flat desert sand with a slight military spin, but there's quite a few rigs out there like that already...... and I don't have much military history or interest.......

It all depends on what color you want it! The black on silver sounds like an awesome idea!

OP/Terry's buggy is just a little bit different then the truggy.

Oh wow! That is Okie Terry's rig isn't it! Albie Damm! Last time I saw it, it looked like this:

20070223_IMG_0232.jpg

Last edited:

I still think you should do black & fuschia

, that way no one will pay attention to all the squeaking as they will be gawking at the paint job! :D

Last edited:
Be sure you bathe the rubber in Armor All. WTF?

Uh.... it's called "water" dingleberry...... :twak:

Some of us aren't afraid to drive through it.

:D

Paint it yellow.........Duh.:dunce: That will make the third color its been painted (we originally painted it white).

Here's a couple of nekkid pics from when we were finishing building it:

PDRV0002-1.jpg

PDRV0014.jpg

Heres one from its maiden voyage in 2004:

IndyJuly312004084.jpg

Last edited:
Huh....... go figure that I'd like it in black and white.......... :D

Back