• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good news/bad news on Crawl carnage

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
the 9" pinion shaft is okay, so are the gears, can't say as much for the mini spool, carrier and the shafts. Broke the spool in half, busted the pin in 3 pieces, and the carrier had to make room for all the shifting of the above pieces. The 31 spline shafts are twisted a bit too. Time to look for a donor axle and a full spool this time.

Don't expect to see ol' blue next time I run with ya'll, it's retired, I put 5 stress cracks in the rear gate, broke my windshield more and with the motor/tranny problems I'm going to be building a new one. found two of them, both 91's or 92's, setting in the back of a dealer, looks to be trade in's and in rough condition to sell to John Q Public, little things like broke tail lights, bent bumpers, etc.

A friend of mine deals cars and is a friend of this dealer, he says he can get me both for a little bit of nothing. Sounds like my price range.

One is a grey Limited, leather and looks just like One Ton's with the roof and doors, the other is red. If I get both, I'll build the better of the two and part the other. Look for stock parts to be for sale.

I'll also be selling my snorkel, sence I put it on I've never used it, so it's out.

Dan

Are ya gonna have it up and running for Moab? I have a local guy that has oodles of 9"s layin' around. If you give me your shaft length, I can see what he has.

What's up with the tire change again? Are you gonna be runnin' 40's at winterfest, 42's at nacfest, 44's at the crawl????????

OneTonXJ said:
Are ya gonna have it up and running for Moab? I have a local guy that has oodles of 9"s layin' around. If you give me your shaft length, I can see what he has.

What's up with the tire change again? Are you gonna be runnin' 40's at winterfest, 42's at nacfest, 44's at the crawl????????

31.5" from the inside of the 'flange' to the spline end of the shaft.

Yes, it'll be good for Moab, I started the axle conversion like 3 weeks before winterfest and made it, so this should be no problem

I've been looking for some like new 38.5's for a while, found a good deal on a set of four, $500, and I've sold my four 36's for $550.

I've thought that I should just jump to 39.5's and skip the 38.5's, but this is a deal I couldn't pass up.

You going to keep your rear leafs?

Talking about bad news I found out that my leaf springs
are s shaped and the rear pinion is pointing up now so I guess
I will be getting new springs sometime soon,
and the waterpump was toast but I changed that this weekend.
Put the rear replacement glass in and the front axle is back together,I still need to get a taillight replacement.
Tore out the headliner since it was falling out anyway.
Later.

Last edited:
mark, what side tail light do you need, I have a couple, I think both the same side, have to check what side.

Buy me a six in Moab and I'll ship it to ya.

Keeping the leafs, they're new Alcans, I like them.

Hey Dan,

38s? Think 35 spline and a full spool and be done with it :) .

The Healer really is okay. I pulled the cover and got nothing but fluid. I then drove it onto a friends 40" bogger and got no noise, slipping or anything so I am still feeling warm about my junk.

In with the 60, the 4.88s.

See ya in Moab,

Crunch

dan, if ya get the key fob and the sensor is still in the roof on the 91 limited I will give ya a 100 bucks for it.
Jim/ rockinxj

Back