• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whar's the saga of Waterboy and Aquaman?

well i didn't see it happen, as i stayed back to make sure bob/charlie/tony were okay, but
there's the water crossing (bridge) just as you enter the dirt road to get to the trailhead...

apparently troy and justin got a little stuck and waterlogged. i blew through in 4-HI later
to find them on the other side w/ hoods up and plugs out. ;)

so did anybody get pix?

terry

...what i wanna know though is this story about screwdrivers being dangerous?
:dunno:

MMIXJ said:
...what i wanna know though is this story about screwdrivers being dangerous?
:dunno:
Sorry Terri ,It happened on a real trail,we could tell you but then we would have to kill you.

Sorry Terri, but if you truely "blew thru" the creek, you'd have been right there with us with the hoods up.......... you took the slower, smarter approach. I estimate I hit it at about 40 mph - that's blowin' thru it. The force of the water bent the rear portion of my front fenders out like dumbo ears. Friggin' water came over the hood and down into the cowl, then out the floor heater vents.

Didn't help that both Justin and I had cold air intake systems. Probably would have been just fine with the factory air box.

At least the water was nice! I figured it'd be glacier-cold but it was just right for wading out to pull my winch line.

That sums up the ONLY time I wish I had a snorkle...... :laugh3:

justin... i really felt bad for you. seeing you tooling around BV late saturday afternoon and hearing that thing sputter and cough around town; Lone Wolf'ing it at Subway; The picture John posted of you roasting a single winnie by yourself on the rocks...

"man, it really doesn't get any worse for that kid..."

Even my wife felt bad for you and she didn't really understand what went wrong..

formatt said:
The picture John posted of you roasting a single winnie by yourself on the rocks...

Yup, bad deal. Been there, but atleast he wasn't alone and I suspect he had a ride home if it all went real sour as we never leave anyone behind.

Say, that brings up a trail cooking question.

How many ways CAN you cook a Hotdog on the trail?
Will it matter if it's a CHEESE Hotdog?
Manifold
Battery??
Torch with Plastic Spoon ;)

Last edited:
Oh, Ive got pics...:D:D:D

freerider15 said:
"Waaaaater sucks, it really really sucks...waaaaater sucks, it really really sucks!" Man that couldn't have been truer during our crossing of the Delaware attempt...

Aren't you supposed to be on your way to Kalifornia today????

So, how is it running? Is that strange catch gone?

Have a safe trip. Where are you headed to in California?

Fred

Back