• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A picute says a thousand words. This one speaks for itself...

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
:laugh3:
CPS.jpg

yup! changed that sucker more than once

That would definately explain why I've replaced a few myself...

Is that a dealer purchase or a pep boys, autozone, etc?

Fraggin POS CPS

Gil BullyKatz said:
Is that a dealer purchase or a pep boys, autozone, etc?

Fraggin POS CPS

Mopar - from the dealer.

I get it. I work in a michelin/BFG/Uniroyal plant where I get daily reminders of the quality of french engineering. Also wasn't the mopar logo on the bag a tip-off that it was a dealer part? (No offense intended just thought it was kinda obvious if you actually look at the pic).

Hey, did you guys know that the RENIX II ECU is a Renault product and is French, and that the xj has had french components since 1984? Did you know that no one really cares?

Holy Shite! My XJ has French electronic equipment?! Really?
I might have to upgrade to Lucas Electronics..........

...another reason behind carrying a spare tps, cps, map sensor, etc.

:D

never recall any problems with french engineering and never had to touch any of the electronics on my jeep.

Inisadow said:
never recall any problems with french engineering and never had to touch any of the electronics on my jeep.

Yup, the Germans thought the Maginot line was a particular monument to French engineering ability.

A work of art, but totally useless.

Inisadow said:

It's a microcosm of american history for the past 100 years...

defending the French...

...but they make it soooooo easy! :D

Gil BullyKatz said:
Holy Shite! My XJ has French electronic equipment?! Really?
I might have to upgrade to Lucas Electronics..........

...another reason behind carrying a spare tps, cps, map sensor, etc.

:D

Fear not, friend. If you have a "REnix Era XJ" you most likely have one of everything. There's a very good chance that your distributor is Lucas, or possibly Lucas/Motorcraft, and so might be some of your relays, though they may also be Bosch or some unknown Canadian make. The wiper motors on older ones are either SEV or Ducellier (French) the fuel pump Bosch, the steering GM, the fuel injection Renault/Bendix, the starter Mitsubishi, the alternator could be Bosch, Mitsu or Delco, the tranny, depending on year, could be Peugeot, Aisin Warner or GM, and of course New Process gear is or was a Chrysler subsidiary, etc. etc. ...the folks at AMC were very good shoppers.

Heres to good shopers :cheers: :cheers:
Why should you have to reinvent the wheel. Heck when I come out with a new line of systems I just use the best components I can justify and build from there.
Lucas OTHO, well, lets say I grew up in the age of Triumph cars and MC's, BSA's, Nortons, affordable Jags, MG's and Austin Healys. I know all about lucas 'be home by dark' electrics and the owners theory that for every hour traveled after dark it was good practice that you carry two extra flashlights, 4 hour nite trip you carried 8 flashlights, 4 to get you there and 4 to get you home :D

The trick is to pick the RIGHT components :D

Back