• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Napier Precision Impact Test

jdougn

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
All the feedback we get from guys running our fender flares tell us that they'll take a lot of abuse. So, we finally got around to making a video. It's our first effort and before we were done we were already talking about ways to improve it and ideas for other videos.

Napier Precision Impact Test

We didn't think about showing how the fender flares looked after being run into a tree almost a dozen times. The edge was scuffed some but most of the marks in that show in the video wiped right off.

What about "sliding against" or scraping a rock at an angle with more vehicle weight applied?

might piss the greenies off less too, just fyi :wave1:
Haha. "No trees were harmed in the making of this video."
The place the video was done was being cleared by the farmer. He's a friend of mine and gave permission for us to mangle that tree.

What about "sliding against" or scraping a rock at an angle with more vehicle weight applied?
I like that idea and rocks are probably the next thing we're gonna do.

Getting more pressure against the fender flares isn't real easy. The tree in the video was leaning towards the XJ but the center line of the tire was still hitting the tree. The fender flares are designed to work this way so we're pleased with that but the impact is what makes the video.

Very nice, jdougn! We're looking for some higher-clearance fenders for my 11-year-old daughter Mira's 2-door XJ. I like the profile of your Napier flares! I'm normally not a huge fan of the open bolt head/recessed hole look, but yours present themselves much better than Bushwacker, IMO. This is why we were originally eyeing the Iceland Offroad flares.

We'll definitely keep the Napiers in mind for Mira's XJ. If there's any chance of some sort of sponsorship (wishful thinking, I'm sure :spin1:), we'd love to run your flares.

Craig

Mira as-featured in the January 2012 issue of Jp Magazine (proud dad!!!):

312977_2616097651617_1530388062_32687915_192150403_n.jpg

Back