• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Sierra Fest Dates: Rubicon Aug 8-11, Deer Valley Aug 12-14

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
NEW Sierra Fest Dates: Rubicon Aug 8-11, Deer Valley Aug 12-14

Please make a note of it. :D

The Rubicon Trail. Plan is to meet at the Loon Lake staging area below the dam at 10:00 AM on Monday, August the 8th. We will then make a leisurely run into Buck Island Lake. We will camp there until Thursday morning.

There is some talk of running out on Wednesday the 10th, and running into South Lake Tahoe for a night in a hotel and some gambling. I can lead the group out the observation area on the Lake Tahoe side for those who want a break from the camping and head into town.

Deer Valley plan to be announced soon.

Looks like I may have to take two weeks of vacation this year.

I think I'll be in the pack that heads to Tahoe (then home) on Wednesday. Personally, that gives me a needed day at work before the quick return to Deer Valley on Friday. Good plan.

I will be there, I got the time off & now i am a RED member....

Hey Fella's,
i won't be able to make the Con portion of Sierra Fest 2011 :-( I have to move and won't have the time or funds to get my rig ready. I am pretty sure I can make the DV portion though.

Let me know if you need anything.

~Mark

Run the Rubicon with some experienced guides for the cost of a NAXJA membership . . . not bad at all!

Please also remember that if you are going to meet up at 10:00 AM on Monday at Loon, Ice Hose Road going up from 50 can take over an hour if you get stuck behind a truck or someone towing.

Letterman,

Have you ever taken the forest road that goes between Wright's Lake (near Barrett lake trail head) and Ice House Rd?

I've always wondered if that way would be quicker when coming from the East. It just seems an aweful long way to drive all the way down Hwy 50 and then have to go up Ice House.

Letterman,

Have you ever taken the forest road that goes between Wright's Lake (near Barrett lake trail head) and Ice House Rd?

I've always wondered if that way would be quicker when coming from the East. It just seems an aweful long way to drive all the way down Hwy 50 and then have to go up Ice House.

I doubt it would be quicker but it is a very nice and scenic drive. Be aware that the road is narrow and the grade up Wrights Lake rd from Hwy50 is very steep.

I doubt it would be quicker but it is a very nice and scenic drive. Be aware that the road is narrow and the grade up Wrights Lake rd from Hwy50 is very steep.

Exactly, the road is very narrow, one lane at some points, no yellow line, and very steep.

Ice House Road is wide, safer, and has painted lanes almost all the way to Loon Lake, but it is longer. But I really don't know what would be faster coming from the East.

If you are towing, I would recommend to take Ice House Road and not Wrights Lake Road.

What about staying on 80 to Auburn, through Georgetown and then Wentworth Springs road to Loon?

Yeah I'm familiar with the road to Wrights Lake. Seeing some logging trucks coming down that road at you is pretty scary. I'm just not familiar with the road that connects over to Ice House. I won't be towing but I suppose it would be best to take the usual route to Ice House...

Yeah I'm familiar with the road to Wrights Lake. Seeing some logging trucks coming down that road at you is pretty scary. I'm just not familiar with the road that connects over to Ice House. I won't be towing but I suppose it would be best to take the usual route to Ice House...

Erik, you can plan on having me & even Bryan meet up with you on Monday morning. I have never been on the Con, so I am a total newbee.

Damn I wish I could take it off... I already took the 18th till the 23rd for the con...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Why not spend the nights at the springs where there are more camping spots available?? Cost $10 a night I think per vehicle. Then a trip out to tahoe and back would not be difficult for most rigs.

Why not spend the nights at the springs where there are more camping spots available?? Cost $10 a night I think per vehicle. Then a trip out to tahoe and back would not be difficult for most rigs.

We are squeezing this run in between 2 of the Jeep Jamborees. The springs may be spoken for. Also, that makes for a long first day on the trail and I really don't want to move camp once we get set up.

Back