• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Dana 44 griffin ga

huntingman2706217

NAXJA Forum User
picking up a dana 44 tomorrow from a guys jeep he was about to scrap... i just sent a money order this morning for a 9in already build for what i need so i dont need this dana 44... just didnt want to see it go to scrap... he says its lincoln locked but i havent got it here yet to pull the cover or anything... its a automatic I6 so pretty sure its 3.55 geared... im headed to TN next weekend so i can meet or deliver there... but i cant remember the name of his town so just PM me and we can figure that out... any other questions just ask! ive sold two other Dana 44's in the last year and both i asked $400 for and took $350 and sold in less then a week for both... so ill just say $350 firm on this one and bypass all the games... Thanks

Travis
678-588-6661

heres acouple pics... it was completely dry around the passenger side drum and the yoke... i was stunned when there was NO wet around the yoke actually... however the drivers side drum is pretty soaked... i pulled the drum and it doesnt look like brake fluid from the cylinder so i would guess its the outter axle seal... not a major issue...

i took acouple pics of each side... not sure what went on with the extra brackets that were cut off but the jeep was sitting on like 6in of lift in the rear with blocks and shackles... so to me it look like the stock stuff was cut off and other stuff was welded on to get the angle right... the shock tabs on it now look like they came off another vehicle... although not perty they seemed to have worked fine... and were moved in or out cant remember without looking at the pics just alittle bit... but everything lined up and looked fine... really i see no signs of the perches being cut off but still kinda dirty... they didnt try and hide that with the shocks... also missing one wheel stud... lol

It is a welded setup... he didnt fill it all in with weld or plate like i see some... just a bead of weld at each spider gear joint... ive seen stronger weld jobs but it was on 35's and the jeep was used for a hog hunting business in the swamps so it got used... and has held up fine...

i did notice a extra hole in the top of the tube... a small maybe 1/4in hole... kind of like how the brake line attaches... almost in the same spot as that... it had a old kinda rubber plug in it but was half gone... so i did fine SOME water inside the axle... its not horrible though so dont freak out lol... if i were to keep it is just clean it all out real good and give it some fresh oil... same thing i would do anyways... i cleaned it up alittle and spun the axle... there was ZERO sound coming from anything just spun around nice and smooth... and ZERO hangup... the bearings are all normal colors and dont look like they have been over heated or anything like that... the wear pattern on the gears all looks good to go...

if it was mine and i wasnt planning to rebuild id just replace the seal... spray it out with some brake cleaner... maybe do a brake job on it and seal her up... it would be fine... if i hadnt bought a 9in the same morning right before i found this i would have kept it... just my luck... now i gotta go all the way to TN... lol... i already paid the guy to hold it... lol... anyways if you got any more question just hit me up!!

ive got pictures now as well... just hit me up with a email address...

Cause I'm not a buying member... it won't let me... that's why I posted that I have pics and to send me a email address... thanks though!

Host the pictures on another site such as Picasa or Photobucket, then use the insert image feature.

Ya I know ho all that works... pain in the butt... then I delete the pics from photobucket and everyone's left with a thread with pics needed but not there... thanks though... pics are at cherokeeforum.com

Pm sent

Back