• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When Co-Fest just wasn't quite enough....

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Bloose and Crunch invited me to "try to keep up" and join them in my GTO on their road tour of the Colorado mountains on Monday after the event. We cruised all around Conifer, Evergreen, and Look Out Mountain. Awesome day!

Funny how a week of driving the "Heep" caused me to keep constantly feeling for the non-existant hand throttle in the GTO...... :laugh3:

Bob and Mike are currently headed for the Black Hills of So. Dakota for a week of canyon carving....... lucky bastids....

P1010323.jpg

P1010331.jpg

P1010354.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a wanton display of speed, officer!
How's that GTO handle? We use to have a 1968 Goat with a 400cid. Wish I still had it.

YELLAHEEP said:
Bloose and Crunch invited me to "try to keep up" and join them in my GTO on their road tour of the Colorado mountains on Monday after the event. We cruised all around Conifer, Evergreen, and Look Out Mountain. Awesome day!

Funny how a week of driving the "Heep" caused me to keep constantly feeling for the non-existant hand throttle in the GTO...... :laugh3:

Bob and Mike are currently headed for the Black Hills of So. Dakota for a week of canyon carving....... lucky bastids....

P1010323.jpg

P1010331.jpg

P1010354.jpg

They blew into the shop this afternoon to upgrade the HD Crossmember BOB won at the raffle to an XD Belly Pan. Gotta be quick he says, have to get to the black hills. He drove right past 3 truckstops on the way to the shop, parked in front of the shop, restarted the bus and sucked air - tanks were empty. 2 hours later, a fiver of diesel, plenty of ether, some swearing and head scratching and they were off to the truck stop for fuel and then onto the black hills...

Bob

LOL! That's typical Bloose for ya! Never a smooth trip where that dadgum bus is concerned....... :laugh3:

Hey Troy,

Its funny Steph noticed in the mirror picture the "wrong way" sign is the wrong way :laugh3:

Crunch said:
Hey Troy,

Its funny Steph noticed in the mirror picture the "wrong way" sign is the wrong way :laugh3:

Yeah, I saw that too! It figures that outta 10 attempts to get that shot, the good one has that little funny included!

hightimes2 said:
Isn't this against the law :gag:

I wish you were the jeffco cop that pulled me offer for my 12 point expedition of speed ticket :laugh3:

Since when is it illegal to take a picture of a wheelie????

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

This was a professional stunt rider on a closed course. Do not try this at home! ;)

B-loose

hightimes2 said:
Isn't this against the law :gag:

I wish you were the jeffco cop that pulled me offer for my 12 point expedition of speed ticket :laugh3:

Got home, got the bus unloaded, and just got time to check e-mails and such.

I need to get a bus with a check fuel light! That is the 3rd time I ran it empty! For those who don't know, running a diesel out of fuel is no fun at all!

Running aroung the CO mountains and then the black hills on the bike was AWESOME! Keeping up with that Goat was really hard for me though Crunch wasn't having a problem. I guess all those high speed chases in the cruiser have sharpened someones skills. It wasn't hard to tell that SE WI is full of straight roads. I'm glad I made it home in one piece and had a blast doing it.

Thanks for the great pics and the tour of the CO hills!

B-loose

Back