• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab run in May?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find the thread about Moab in May. What are the target dates and who all is planning to go?

We're leaving Wednesday, May 2 and returning Monday, May 7th.

Attendees / those that have expressed interest so far:
Myself
Formatt (Matt)
TonesXJ (Tony)
Big XJ Flames (Aaron)
Led
XJk9bar1 (Joey)
jrsxj98 (Justin)
JohnJohn
Yellaheep (Troy)
Crash AF (Joe H.)
The "diesel brothers" ( Justin and Rusty)
Mingo (Tracy)
So far.

Tony secured us a group site @ Slickrock (Thanks Tony - you da man :thumbup: :thumbup: )

Last edited:
What time on May 2 are you guys heading out?

Me and 2 or 3 other guys from CO4x4 were talking about may 18th to the 21. take off friday morning comeback monday sometime. Planning on staying at the cleaner nicer campgrounds of Moab Rim.

Teellandor said:
Nuts. I won't be able to take leave that week. I suppose any later in the year and it's too bloody hot, right?

A few of us went at the end of June last year and it was 115º - 120º :flame: .

planefixer said:
A few of us went at the end of June last year and it was 115º - 120º :flame: .
Yeah but it was freakin great, had everything to ourselves and the heat wasn't that bad cooled off nicely at night :thumbup: :thumbup:

What's the trail list look like? I don't know enough about everyone's rigs, but it looks like we're a mix of moderate to hardcore built rigs?

YELLAHEEP said:
What's the trail list look like? I don't know enough about everyone's rigs, but it looks like we're a mix of moderate to hardcore built rigs?

I don't know...but I'm in the process of ordering spare shafts :gag: and whatever else I can think off...LOL

Moab Rim?
Cliffhanger?
Prichett?
Hells Revenge?
PS GS GBR?
Night run Fins.

Open to all and any suggestions.

Jeff/Led you guys are the trail planners, I am easy :wave: . Looks like a well built group of rigs.

Pritchett is a definate and maybe run Behind The Rocks backwards since the exit is near the exit to Pritchett.I'm ok with PS GS GBR too, Hell's Revenge is always fun and theres also Metal Masher.We've got to do a night run somewhere (Fins N Things??) and probably go play at Area BFE.I know Led wants to run Coyote Canyon.I'm up for suggestions or we can plat it by ear. Doesn't make a difference to me - I'll be happy just being there.

Man, money is sort of tight for me. I don't have any work that needs to be done on the Jeep. I am off though from the 3rd to the 7th. I will keep an eye on this. I would come down on the 3rd. I'll let you guys know.

I like what Jeff has suggested. I'm in for BFE, PS/GS/GBR, Pritchett (but I'm taking a side strap on Rocker Knocker this time!!!!!!) and Behind the Rocks - never done that one and it's gotta be better than the long ass drive out. Metal Masher might be fun again, haven't done that one in years.

Is this intended to be a guys-only trip or are girlfriends/wives/kids coming too? Shari may or may not come along.... especially since we're rough camping.... but she gets an evil grin knowing she can pick on Led..... :D

Last edited:
planefixer said:
Pritchett is a definate and maybe run Behind The Rocks backwards since the exit is near the exit to Pritchett.I'm ok with PS GS GBR too, Hell's Revenge is always fun and theres also Metal Masher.We've got to do a night run somewhere (Fins N Things??) and probably go play at Area BFE.I know Led wants to run Coyote Canyon.I'm up for suggestions or we can plat it by ear. Doesn't make a difference to me - I'll be happy just being there.

X2! I am just excited to get out there!

From my understanding, I am pretty sure it is mainly the guys headed out for this trip.

tonesxj said:
From my understanding, I am pretty sure it is mainly the guys headed out for this trip.

Thats the impression I have.Shari is more than welcome to join us (we need someone to cook for us :gag: - JK :D) and there will probably be a couple of other womenfolk on the trip as well.

Last edited:
hmmmm... i'm looking to take the bike out there next week for some 2-wheeled fun, and was lamenting the fact that nobody else in the group has a 4x4. i'm itchin' for some 4-lo action (can't wait for OCG in a couple weeks). :thumbup:

if i can convince my wife to let me head out west again so soon thereafter, i'd really like to try to join you guys at least for a couple/three days. just changed the t-case fluid, fixed a slow leak at the ARB compressor fittings, and lubed up the suspension last night. just gotta track down a vacuum leak that is triggering the check engine light and i'll be good to go. oh yeah, and find an annoying electrical problem which overrides my left rear turn signal when the brakes are applied.

note to self: don't forget to pick up the chimay before crossing the utah border. ;)

MMIXJ said:
hmmmm... i'm looking to take the bike out there next week for some 2-wheeled fun, and was lamenting the fact that nobody else in the group has a 4x4. i'm itchin' for some 4-lo action (can't wait for OCG in a couple weeks). :thumbup:

if i can convince my wife to let me head out west again so soon thereafter, i'd really like to try to join you guys at least for a couple/three days. just changed the t-case fluid, fixed a slow leak at the ARB compressor fittings, and lubed up the suspension last night. just gotta track down a vacuum leak that is triggering the check engine light and i'll be good to go. oh yeah, and find an annoying electrical problem which overrides my left rear turn signal when the brakes are applied.

note to self: don't forget to pick up the chimay before crossing the utah border. ;)
Sure come on out it just hasn't been the same without you :firedevil

Back