• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by Rockfest 2010" thread

CrashSomers

NAXJA Forum User
Well I will start it off by saying lets use this tread to post what you want done and what you are wishing :firedevilto get done before Rockfest.

Also lets ask for help lets get those wrenching parties planed and help each other all we can.

So I am sitting on a pair of Dana 44's and almost have everything I need to do the following: 3 link long arm the front - Lift the rear - Boatsides - Comp cut the front and rear - Exo internal cage - Install 5.38's and the Aussie lockers - Get some 36's and for the fun of it paint the bitch Atomic Orange. Do I need to before Rockfest nooope. BUT I WANT TOOOOO.:greensmok

:us:

I hope to have my D60 with Disk brakes done and the Front D44 with RCV Perf shafts and truss done and installed. but its a STREEEETCH due to $$$$$ or the lack there of!!!
Other than that, my rig is just about ready to roll with a new fuel cell and tune up.

I hope to have my D60 with Disk brakes done and the Front D44 with RCV Perf shafts and truss done and installed. but its a STREEEETCH due to $$$$$ or the lack there of!!!
Other than that, my rig is just about ready to roll with a new fuel cell and tune up.

Don't start any more projects, wheel that thing! LOL. I remember a few months back you saying "I need to do some minor work, should be week or two". You're still working on it!

No, I have wheeled it since then. Smart azz

Need to fix the Tcase that i cracked last week, and then FabMod my Rubicon belly pan... and hopefully have my gummywheels by then.... move my gas tank too

you can all trouble me for a WARM GLASS OF SHUT THE H#!! UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

im mid full width swap on woundedxj rig,i just need to get some more wheel studs for the rear and weld up one more caliper bracket. doing a 3 link front. jon says hes getting 35s im trying for 37s we will see what happens.

my buggy is yet agian under the knife,new seats,changing some tube,bringing the rockers up,moving the rear spring hangers,i need one solid day of work to get it done then a couple cracks runs to get used to the new front suspension and wb.

i also need to get my big trailer fixed,replace some of the decking and change the axles to ones that all of the brakes work on. the plan is i will put my slide in camper in my truck and tow jons bumper pull camp trailer,while he pulls both rigs on my 27 foot flat bed.

Ive got to box and raise the rockers, cut and shorten the front bumper some more looks like I'm going to take at least another 3-4" per side... Im also going to try and run some tube to the front bumper under the fenders to stiffen it up a bit... Also going to see if I have time to either build a new rear bumper and move the spare inside it just move it inside and mod the rear bumper for more clearance..

Oh yeah I got new main leafs so I once again have to rebuild the packs and fix them up a bit...

plus whatever else comes up along the way...

themud

i want to add an extra leaf or two to my pack, weld on new spring perches, and rear bump stops. dont know what will get done though.

Rockers have been offcially boxed and raised and I have gained at least 3" of clearance now I need to flip the bolts for the cage feet so they don't drag..

Next on the list is the leaf packs and moving a leaf perch over 1/4" and trussing the rear axle(It'll live longer with 35's and a truss with 5.38's)...

After that the plasma comes out to deal with the bumper needing to be narrowed...

themud

Ive got to box and raise the rockers, cut and shorten the front bumper some more looks like I'm going to take at least another 3-4" per side... Im also going to try and run some tube to the front bumper under the fenders to stiffen it up a bit... Also going to see if I have time to either build a new rear bumper and move the spare inside it just move it inside and mod the rear bumper for more clearance..

Oh yeah I got new main leafs so I once again have to rebuild the packs and fix them up a bit...

plus whatever else comes up along the way...

themud

Lets see:

Burn in rear 4 link
stiffners
Boatsides
Cage
Finish motor and install
finish engine harness
Shakedown

That's the realistic list. Cause I would rather finsh off my 44's and 3link the front. My income dictates otherwise.I'm taking bets as to whether or not it gets done, or if I'll even be in town to enjoy my hard work.

Change the fluids in the differentials and tcase
get the rock lights going again
new tie rod ends (so I can wear them out again)
Boatsides??
Tighten everything down
cut the front bumper so I don't rub my new tires

I'm sure a few more things will pop up between now and then.

Im done except for the giant holes in the bodywork in the rear quarter panels and odds are they wont get fixed before rockfest but thats ok by me I even had time to make a new rear bumper that should really help clearences..

who else..

themud

Back