• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Info on 95' Honda Accord

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
My friend just recently totaled her 06 Ford Focus and is now looking for a new car. Luckily the insurance company gave her the 8,000 that it was worth and she is going to put that towards a used car. She has her mind set on a 95' Honda Accord Ex around 5,000 and we are going to look at it in the next couple of days. Anything in particular I need to be looking for or things that might need to be replaced? She delivers pizzas currently so there will be more wear and tear on this thing than the average car...

I had a 94, now have an 06.

The 94 was bulletproof, great engine, great trans, got to 120k flawlessly when I sold it to buy a truck.

Plan on doing the timing belt if you have over 100k on it and its never been done. Other than that, regular maintenance and enjoy.

5k seems a little high for an '95 Accord. I'd expect it to be immaculant.

My best friend has one It has 208k(well thats what the cluster said when it stopped probably closer to 220k) It is absolutely bulletproof for sure make sure you use the honda only fluids on them though. He is batsh*t crazy when he drives too if that tells you anything! :D Price does seem a bit high!

the 5th gen Accord is a great car. the f22a1 engine that is in that car is Very reliable. she should expect to see 28mpg city 35mpg highway. in real world driving conditions. The transmissions are Strong if you maintain them and drive them properly.

Maybe its your area, but that seems ridiculously high for a 95. around here you can pick up a decent condition 150k 95 accord for $3000. all day long.

I was also going to suggest the timing belt if it's got over 100K on it (or no proof that it's been done recently), as well as suggest using only Honda transmission fluid. Dad has a 96 5-speed that's been pretty good to him (and he's become a Honda nut in the last few years)

Other than that, for a every day car, or in this case one that's going to see pure hell from her job, it should do her just fine.

Seeing as how it's an EX it should have most of the goodies on it like your power options and probably leather seats. Can't remember off the top of my head if Honda had a V6 available that year or not....I want to say they did.

Honda also has special power steering fluid too!

Seeing as how it's an EX it should have most of the goodies on it like your power options and probably leather seats. Can't remember off the top of my head if Honda had a V6 available that year or not....I want to say they did.
Leather was an Option for the EX, not standard. The v6 was available in the 96/97s with an automatic transmission only.

V6 isn't worth i wouldn't think. Tranverse mounted v engines are a bitch to work on too(well at least the cylinder head area)! The F22a sohc vtec is a good motor seems pretty easy to work on too!:D

Semi-Hijack about Honda automatics... specifically a '99 Accord I-4 with 135xxx.

Was going to get the daughter a 'tune up' for Christmas (Plugs, wires, filters & oil)

Is the transmission a simple drain & refill drill? Easily found and accessible drain plug? Approx how many liters of "Honda Premium Formula ATF" am I going to need to fetch?

Semi-Hijack about Honda automatics... specifically a '99 Accord I-4 with 135xxx.

Was going to get the daughter a 'tune up' for Christmas (Plugs, wires, filters & oil)

Is the transmission a simple drain & refill drill? Easily found and accessible drain plug? Approx how many liters of "Honda Premium Formula ATF" am I going to need to fetch?
I am Not sure exactly how much fluid it takes, i believe its 3qts. Use Honda ATF only. a simple Drain and refill should be fine. i believe the drain plug is on the lower rear side of the transmission. I think its the same as the 5th gen. (yours is a 6th gen)

Back