• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think next year...

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
...will be the year the MWC out numbers the SEC. hummmm, yep, I'll be putting in for that weekend.

the real question is, how many of you are brave enough to come to winterfest? :D

dan

It's not a question of brave it's a question of distance. I for one would have to drive 12+ hours towing to get to the Badlands. I will do it one day. Right now though I put the Crawl as a priority on my wheeling list and funds and vacation time only allow for one big trip a year. :)

<shrug> Did that for WF'10, 10+ hours each way. Didn't think I'd be able to make until something like the Tuesday before.

...will be the year the MWC out numbers the SEC. hummmm, yep, I'll be putting in for that weekend.

the real question is, how many of you are brave enough to come to winterfest? :D

dan

Oh yea, we are gonna make that rig even uglier.

dan

High2by and I made the trek to WinterFest Uh-Leven and we had a great time. My plan is to come back again this March. It's a 7 hour haul from middle TN and we are the closest to Attica than any of the other membership.

I think it was about 50-50 on the MWC vs. SEC this year.

Interesting Crawl stats:

Crawl 2008 12 rigs Harlan, KY
Crawl 2009 20 rigs Morris Mountain, AL
Crawl 2010 30 rigs Harlan, KY
Crawl 2011 35 rigs Harlan, KY

Seems to be a growth trend for our events, especially Harlan.

dan

this makes me happy

Oh yea, we are gonna make that rig even uglier.

it's the Harlan way!

It's not a question of brave it's a question of distance. I for one would have to drive 12+ hours towing to get to the Badlands. I will do it one day. Right now though I put the Crawl as a priority on my wheeling list and funds and vacation time only allow for one big trip a year. :)

I did 10 hours in a box truck with no AC, suck it up nancy .!.:D.!.

It's only 8 hrs for me...

i will try to make it one of these years

mapquest says it's 10 hrs for me. 599 miles.

at $4/gal it would cost me about $800 to drive the motorhome down.

at $4/gal it would cost about $450 to drive the tahoe.

Fore 'don't look forward to seeing my motorhome' Wheeler

I had a great time at Winterfest this year. I hope to make it back up there next year. Maybe a couple more SEC guys will follow suite.

I did 10 hours in a box truck with no AC, suck it up nancy .!.:D.!.

You are young and have no kids..... well I guess Rocky and Bowinkle are kinda kids. You also have a wife that goes with you and helps. Winterfest is also in the middle of school. My wife is worthless when it comes to getting herself and the kids somewhere on time. That is why I have never been able to attend a Flog. I will go to attica one day. Hopefully there wil still be a winterfest event. :D

You are young and have no kids..... well I guess Rocky and Bowinkle are kinda kids. You also have a wife that goes with you and helps. Winterfest is also in the middle of school. My wife is worthless when it comes to getting herself and the kids somewhere on time. That is why I have never been able to attend a Flog. I will go to attica one day. Hopefully there wil still be a winterfest event. :D

there are always people going during the summer, myself included...

there are always people going during the summer, myself included...

Yes maybe we could do a meet the ghostbuster run! LOL! I really do want to hit up winterfest one day though.

Back