• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9am on Friday group?

Letterman

NAXJA Forum User
I know some that are going in before friday and others driving in later that day, but how big a group is going in with Ben H. at 9am on Friday?

I think I am . . . with two other rigs . . . unless someone gets a hair up and thinks we should try to night wheel late Thursday night. :BCsleepdrivingicon:

If you guys wouldn't mind I would love to tag along. I've never run swamp (or most of the trails up there) but think I should be able to make it.

Dave, I havent taken a head count yet, but I will and get back to you on how many are going in on Friday. I should be up to Dinky Creek by around 730 on Thursday night. If you want to go up on Thursday, then by all means. If you haul ass you can make it from the trail head to Grouse in about an hour, Opie and I and another feller (cant remember his name) from Bakersfield did it that quick last time. That trail is a blast to go fast on in the dark.

Absolutely Monster, love to have you and look forward to meeting you. Do you have tow points and protection?

Last edited:
I want to head in Thursday night Dave, but it all depends on when I can get up to Dinkey Creek. So my question is, is the Friday morning group running the trail forwards or backwards?

I want to head in Thursday night Dave, but it all depends on when I can get up to Dinkey Creek. So my question is, is the Friday morning group running the trail forwards or backwards?

Sounded like they are running backwards, north to south, passing Swamp before getting to Grouse, and not up rooster rock. I have never run the 2nd half backwards, could be fun but I don't really care and I am more then happey with whatever you want to do.

So Bryan you are getting to Dinkey Creek sometime after midnight on thursday night and then we are driving in? Do the others know this? Can they run fast in the dark? Are you going to seep on the trail?
bcsleepdrive.gif
I made that icon just for Bryan, from the last time we went night wheeling at Swamp!

Last edited:
Sounded like they are running backwards, north to south, passing Swamp before getting to Grouse, and not up rooster rock. I have never run the 2nd half backwards, could be fun but I don't really care and I am more then happey with whatever you want to do.

So Bryan you are getting to Dinkey Creek sometime after midnight on thursday night and then we are driving in? Do the others know this? Can they run fast in the dark? Are you going to seep on the trail?
bcsleepdrive.gif
I made that icon just for Bryan, from the last time we went night wheeling at Swamp!

We hit the trailhead at midnight, by 4 am I was asleep at the wheel. That was pretty messed up, really. I don't think we can make it to Grouse Lake in 1 hour in the dark. Not sure why it took so long last time other than we must have kept stopping.

We hit the trailhead at midnight, by 4 am I was asleep at the wheel. That was pretty messed up, really. I don't think we can make it to Grouse Lake in 1 hour in the dark. Not sure why it took so long last time other than we must have kept stopping.

I think it was because Don made you pull over every 800 feet, then I had to talk to Don, then we shot the sh!t, took a leak, got back in, and drove another 800 feet. :gag:

I broke off one of my KC lights on Fordyce, one of my front rock lites on URF canyon, and I don't think the rear rock lights work anymore, so I am good to night wheel!! But you sure Nik is up for the night time driving?

Mark you just watch out for them crazy drunk, sleep driving, swamp death, people from the east bay! They might try to sneek in to your tent with you and watch Transformers on DVD!

Monster, we're aiming for 9am+/-.

Planning on starting up there by Brewer and running it from north to south. But I figure we'll make a final decision the night before. When are you coming up?

We usually leave from the Dinkey ranger station. That let's people hit the store to top off ice or whatever, and use the johns at the ranger station. Gather up around 8:30, leave by 9:00.

But, this is up to Ben.

Monster, we're aiming for 9am+/-.

Planning on starting up there by Brewer and running it from north to south. But I figure we'll make a final decision the night before. When are you coming up?

I was gonna come up Friday morning, but maybe I will come up thursday afternoon just to make things easy.

We usually leave from the Dinkey ranger station. That let's people hit the store to top off ice or whatever, and use the johns at the ranger station. Gather up around 8:30, leave by 9:00.

But, this is up to Ben.

Thats a better plan. We'll be driving south to north

Back