• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

General plan for the event -

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The general plan for the event this year is to have a very accessible event, that even if people can only make one day, they can do some wheeling and have a good time.

Thursday night 27 August 2009 -
Establish base camp, have a campfire, hang out - whatever.

Friday 28 AUG 2009 -
go wheeling on a 'day' trip to one of the many trails up there, head back to the same base camp, and have another campfire, hang out, have a good time.

Saturday 29 AUG 2009 -
Go on another 'day' trip to one of the many trails up there, head back to camp, Sierra chapter dinner, raffle, another campfire, more good times to be had!

Sunday 30 AUG 2009 -
Go on another 'day' trip to some of the trails - a shorter trail, clean up camp, and head home Sunday evening.

The concept is that anyone can come for any amount of time - there is no 'have to be there all week' commitment or anything like that, just show up, attend what ya can, and have a great time with good people wheeling!

So, is not one actually running Swamp or Dusy?

I will cook a pig with you brother, good fun. Do you cook 'em in the ground or on a spit?

We cook in the ground, you need lots of banana and cabbage leaves and the meat is juicy juicy!!

I've never done'em in the ground, always been on a spit. I'd like to see how you do it.

Still up for discussion.

Anyone have any particular trails they're interested in running?

Im pretty sure ill be making the trip up there from so cal, Im running 33x12.50s locked f/r, i would like to do something challenging.

I'd be down for a Dusy run if we pushed hard for one full day and crept out the next. But that would pretty much consume the whole weekend, but I'd be down.

Dusy is too long for a 2 day run, IMHO. It's basically the same as Swamp, but Swamp is less than 1/2 as long. Swamp can be run in a day, plenty do it that way. It's a long day since the trail is roughly 14 miles long (Dusy is 33 miles plus driving further to the trail), but it can still be a pleasant day run.

I'd like to run Swamp and overnight at the lake, then come out Sat for the Sat evening festivites, and run Bald Mtn on Sun.

that sounds good Richard, do you think id be able to run those trails? 33s locked, is body damage likely?

that sounds good Richard, do you think id be able to run those trails? 33s locked, is body damage likely?

You are definitely set up for both trails. My buddy Aaron (DSXJ) is running the Full Traction Kit with 33's and locked F&R and he has no problems on Swamp. You might get a little ding here and there but nothing major waht so ever. If you take your time you should be just fine. I believe the minimum requirements for a decent day on Swamp is 3.5" of lift, 33's and at least one locker.

I have never run Dusy but from what I hear, it will find the weak link in your suspension :) It's 30 miles of basketball sized rocks....

You are definitely set up for both trails. My buddy Aaron (DSXJ) is running the Full Traction Kit with 33's and locked F&R and he has no problems on Swamp. You might get a little ding here and there but nothing major waht so ever. If you take your time you should be just fine. I believe the minimum requirements for a decent day on Swamp is 3.5" of lift, 33's and at least one locker.

I have never run Dusy but from what I hear, it will find the weak link in your suspension :) It's 30 miles of basketball sized rocks....

Sounds good thanks for the info ill be seeing you guys up there!

Hellooooo.

:wave:

so how difficult are these trails? i'm on 33's with around 4" and limited armor, would i need to acquire a rear locker to make this trip?

Your lift and tires are fine. You can run quite a few of the trails, Bald, Red Lake / Coyote and a couple others. Swamp will be tricky with no lockers though. You might need a tug through one or two spots.

Do you have tow points front & Rear?

rear hitch and some fairly solid tow hooks up front, it still is a possibility getting a locker by then we'll see, but its good to know i can have a good time without one

Back