• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food Drive Nov 1st N.Adams Ma

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
Mark your calendars for the FOOD DRIVE in North Adams.Ma
Saturday Nov.1, 2008
Help support the community we wheel in.
More information coming soon

Is the food drive going to be a one day event or a weekend?

Mark your calendars for the FOOD DRIVE in North Adams.

EC4WDA Four Wheel Food Drive, Saturday November 1st.
Meeting place: National Guard Armory, Ashland St, North Adams, Ma
Meeting time is 9am, departing to the trails by 11am.

On Saturday, November 1st, 2008, the Berkshire4Wheelers and East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association, Northeast Region, will be holding their annual Four Wheel Food Drive food collection and off-road trail ride to benefit the Northern Berkshire Community Action Coalition food pantry. Attendees will donate non-perishable food items in the morning and then head out into the Berkshire hills for guided trail rides.. Coffee and donuts will be provided as well.
Supermarket gift cards for Big Y and Stop & Shop will be accepted as well.

Please be ready for technical/equipment inspections. Nothing beyond the basics required on any organized trail ride. Take a look at your straps and recovery points BEFORE you show up with defective sub-par equipment please.
There will be different levels of trail difficulty available for all comers, however our emphasis is on attendance and giving. Be reasonable about how difficult your rig can handle. As you arrive you will be parked with a group for EASY, MODERATE or DIFFICULT… not by what trail you feel like doing. I expect 40+ rigs and 100+ people to attend. So the more cooperation we get the better it will come off..
Please make a point to attend, or give a donation to your buddy who is going.
This is one staple event that keeps us in a good relationship with the towns up there and we kick-ass every year.. lets make it another great season-closer!!

damn i want to go but i think i'm going to be working on it this weekend...

why not? he was asking about the difficult trail..... theres alot more going on that you should be fine on..

hehe i've been known to smash a would-be rocker panel or 2. there are things i might try anyway. :doh:

hehe i've been known to smash a would-be rocker panel or 2. there are things i might try anyway. :doh:

i've run part of the hard trail before... i thought there was going to be a different one than the one in question. are the classes going to be determined by how built the rig is? because my rig isn't very large, but is/will be properly equipped...

i've run part of the hard trail before... i thought there was going to be a different one than the one in question. are the classes going to be determined by how built the rig is? because my rig isn't very large, but is/will be properly equipped...

i let the driver select their level of difficulty for the most part. discussion with the trail leader will let you know if you are set up for the intended trail. i'm pretty sure you havent been on the trail i have in mind for the hardest group. "that road" is the upper end of moderate in my opinion..

i am pretty interested in going. however i have no idea what kind of food to buy...or if i get gift cards how much to put on them. i hate to sound like im cheaping out on a charity but i am a college student...not a lot of cash laying around.

Back