• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Campground Reservation Thread

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey Folks,

Here's the skinny on camping for ColoradoFest 2011.

It will be at the Ouray KOA. I have made reservations for 10 tent sites from 7/25 to 7/31.
Here's a link to the campground:
http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/

I suggest you go visit the site, it is a nice place with a lot of features. Our sites should be in the 50's and 40's if you look at the map. They did say site 50 already has a reservation for that week. I believe David told me that site 51 has a campfire ring we can all fit around.

What they would like is two couples or small groups per tent site. They said the sites are large enough for this. I was there for ForumFest 99, and I remember the area(I think) as being treed and uncrowded.

The cost will be $9.50/person/night. Childeren under 8 are free. Non-agressive dogs are allowed. I will be the collector of fees or whoever I designate. The showers are free.

David puts on a BBQ Friday and Saturday night by the creek with live music. Sounds like an easy way to have a group meal. They have some extra parking. If someone wants to get an RV site or cabin, be sure to reserve them now. They said for RV or cabins, active military gets a 10% discount, and I think some other groups may get a discount, check the site. Be sure to mention Colorado NAXJA when you talk to them and when you arrive.

It's only a couple of miles from Downtown Ouray, and the hotsprings which are nice. My wife and child both have fond memories, and are looking forward to the trip.

I know the scenic wheeling doesn't appeal to the macho crowd, but when I was that age and macho I backpacked with 50 pounds on my back. Now I need a jeep. I go with NAXJA because I trust the group when I'm 20 miles from the road in 20 year old jeep.

Fred

Within about an hour drive are trails that will test the most extreme buggies. Check the trails with Montrose in the title. Most of the scenic trails are about 30 minutes away, so the event is fairly centrally located.

Hi Fred. Put me down for one tent spot.

Thanks
Ken

Put me down for one, and in the words of Troy, make it close to the bathrooms.:laugh3:

My plan is to be there Saturday through Saturday and leave Sunday morning.

I am hoping to make the entire event and should be showing up the Sunday prior and leaving the Sunday after.

Dear Fred,
Brad and I would look forward to joining you in Ouray for CO Fest 2011. Would you reserve a tent campsite for the two of us for the 25th of July, Monday, leaving on the 31st, Sunday, five nights. Anybody that you want to put with us is fine.
I believe the cost is $9.50 per person per night. We can send you a check or pay you when we arrive in Ouray on Monday, July 25th.
We would be glad to lead a trip over Stoney, nearly to Creede, and back through Carson, level 3 difficulty, wild and beautiful.
Thanks,
Brad and Rhoda Green

No need to collect any monies until the event. It's reserved on my credit card, but I have the club cash box so I'm not too worried. :)

I'll put myself down for one tent site for the three of us, and possibly two if inlaws come to visit.

Where (on the campground map) did you reserve the 10 tent sites? Since I'll likely be doing the truck-bed-tent, I'd like to reserve a site that will accept the truck and jeep close to the group.

Where (on the campground map) did you reserve the 10 tent sites? Since I'll likely be doing the truck-bed-tent, I'd like to reserve a site that will accept the truck and jeep close to the group.

Hey Folks,

Here's the skinny on camping for ColoradoFest 2011.

It will be at the Ouray KOA. I have made reservations for 10 tent sites from 7/25 to 7/31.
Here's a link to the campground:
http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/

I suggest you go visit the site, it is a nice place with a lot of features. Our sites should be in the 50's and 40's if you look at the map. They did say site 50 already has a reservation for that week. I believe David told me that site 51 has a campfire ring we can all fit around.

Fred

$9.50 per person per night? thats a little steep I think. If me, my brother, my friend, bros friend all stay in one camp thats $38 a night! times 6 nights, thats $228 for a week! That sure does seam extreamly steep to me!

$9.50 per person per night? thats a little steep I think. If me, my brother, my friend, bros friend all stay in one camp thats $38 a night! times 6 nights, thats $228 for a week! That sure does seam extreamly steep to me!

Yeah, way worse then a hotel room at 60 - 100$ per night X2 rooms would be. :rolleyes:

BTW, it should be just my wife and I but if I need to bring the kid whats the rate for a 3yr old?

Back