• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I asked for some help on doing the trail schedule, but I am going to just start it here. Each day will have a scenic run and possibly a hardcore run. I am going to lay out the scenic stuff and ask the hardcore guys to chime in on their preference on dates. Realize that some trails may still be closed due to snow and that we may have to scrap the whole schedule and play it by ear.

Workng backwards in time since the most people will will be there at the end, not the beginning:

Saturday
Black Bear / Imogene

Friday
Alpine Loop - Engineer / Cinnamon

Thursday
Corkscrew / Pokipse (sp)

Wednesday
1/2 day? Yankee Boy Basin then the hot springs?
(Maybe a on the trail pot luck)

Tuesday

Monday

Most likely Friday and Saturday, well will be running both BB/IM and Alpine each day. I don't know how many people will be there Monday and Tuesday. Suggestions? Additions? Feel free to chime in.

My plan is for the whole week. I hope I am not the only one around Monday and Tuesday :wierd:

Quite a few folks plan to be there all week. I hope to, but work may cut my trip short.

Ill be there all week long as well. I know Justin will be to since well be heading down together. Theres a few easy trails we can run on Monday and Tuesday down there. Ill check with my brother Tom and get you some names of a few trails for those two days.

And as far as trails go, we should be good by then. They plow alot of the roads and try to get them open. Me and my brother have heard from a few people that most of all the trails are open. So we shouldent have a problem in another month or. All trails should be open.

I suggest we run Poughkeepsie from Mineral Creek and come out via Corkscrew. That way we are running up the rock wall, and not down it. Most folks run it that way.

Also, Governors basin could be a run for Tuesday.

would you guys mind if i ride along on some of the trails? I am from the Southeast Chapter and been to several CherokeeCrawls, i have my TJ at my buddies shop in Ft. Collins. I was planning to be in Ouray on Tuesday- -sunday with my wife and two kids.

Thanks,

Alberto :cheers:

would you guys mind if i ride along on some of the trails? I am from the Southeast Chapter and been to several CherokeeCrawls, i have my TJ at my buddies shop in Ft. Collins. I was planning to be in Ouray on Tuesday- -sunday with my wife and two kids.

Thanks,

Alberto :cheers:
The rules clearly state that the out of state and non XJ guys have to buy the beer. :laugh:

The rules clearly state that the out of state and non XJ guys have to buy the beer. :laugh:

I'm ok with that. We may even have some >ahem< decent food as well... See you soon!

Rich and Carol.:cheers::cheers:
The New Jersey Contingent is on its way, but we're leaving those other assholes at the "Jersey Shore"..ugh:puke:

2weeks to go :yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

Just started a new job. If I'm lucky I will be able to make it for Friday-Sunday only.

Sandy and I will be there all week and after hauling my junk all the way from Michigan I would like to wheel as much as we can.
It would be nice to do some of the scenic trails the first part of the week and progress to the hardcore trails later in the week.

I have no rear suspension right now so I need to get busy and get those bump stops on so I can get things back together so we'll be ready to go in less that 2 weeks.:D

Happy trails. John

Sandy and I will be there all week and after hauling my junk all the way from Michigan I would like to wheel as much as we can.
It would be nice to do some of the scenic trails the first part of the week and progress to the hardcore trails later in the week.

I have no rear suspension right now so I need to get busy and get those bump stops on so I can get things back together so we'll be ready to go in less that 2 weeks.:D

Happy trails. John

It will be good to see another Midwesterner out there. Sounds like a good plan for the trails, but we probably won't be going as hardcore as you will.

With one week to go, these are the reports I have heard from folks in the area this weekend...

Black Bear remains closed. Locals predict 2 more weeks.

Poughkeepsie is open to the big rock wall obstacle. After that, it was not passable to Lake Como. Heard that a group was going to try and bash it open though. Don't know results of that.

Imogene is open all the way. The dozer finished sometime last week.

Everything else appears to be runnable, but you never know we might be running into some snow and bashing open a few more trails.

With one week to go, these are the reports I have heard from folks in the area this weekend...

Black Bear remains closed. Locals predict 2 more weeks.

Poughkeepsie is open to the big rock wall obstacle. After that, it was not passable to Lake Como. Heard that a group was going to try and bash it open though. Don't know results of that.

Imogene is open all the way. The dozer finished sometime last week.

Everything else appears to be runnable, but you never know we might be running into some snow and bashing open a few more trails.

Governors Basin is also still closed.

My plan is for the whole week. I hope I am not the only one around Monday and Tuesday :wierd:

....You wont be...The Right Coast will be in the KOA at site 42 on sunday some time..we may take monday to unwind and see the local sights, but after that it's on..Look forward to meeting you folks and sharing the trails.
Rich and Carol.

I just call and talked to Ron in the Silverton office and they are shooting for opening Black bear on 7/26/11. 7/25 they are bringing equipment down and will even have it closed to hikers on that day. They should update the website once it is open, but there will not be an update until another trail changes status. :yelclap::party::clap:

Great news. I will be getting there late Thursday.

Back