• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new project...

MufflerBearing

NAXJA Forum User
i got a little bit of a project going here so i figured id start a post about all of it..

well it started out as a 89 with all the options and stuff.
i bought it from someone who had stripped the whole thing down and repainted it and nothing got put back together...so i started doing so

here it is when i brought it to my shop

PC280083.jpg

and the rest of it...

P1180103.jpg

P1180105.jpg

P1180118.jpg

so here is some progress...

i got a complete harness from a 95 XJ so im converting it over to 95 wiring.

P1180108.jpg

P1180109.jpg

P1180110.jpg

P1180117.jpg

P1180119.jpg

got the motor from a 92 wrangler, and the trans from a 98 wrangler...

here's ready for the motor..

P1180121.jpg

yeah well i wasnt thinking in the motor brackets from the yj to the XJ so i had to get these cooler one from browndog.

P1230104.jpg

P1230103.jpg

once my brackets came i got her set in place!

P1230106.jpg

now to put it all back together. i got a lot of progress done just dont have pics yet..im out of town on work so i have time to write all this up :wierd:

Glad a NAXJA member bought that from Joe. You definately got a good platform to start with.

Looking fwd to your build updates.

well i wanna get it together and see how she runs. id like to put a nice lift on it onboard air i have all msd ignition for it. i wanna put a 8.8 with disk in the back. it has like 3.5-4.5" springs in the rear now and stock front springs with like 2 coil isolators so not much. but def see how it turns out

my new bumper its a TNT customs here it is all painted up ready for the winch
P1230111.jpg

as of right now i have the full harness in jeep from the motor harness to the rear hatch..so thats a plus. got my new steering column in. clutch pedals and brake booster. airbox, some vaccum stuff, new fuel lines. i have the both fans ready to go got a radiator ready to go and couple little things..im having trouble finding a ECU for a 5spd for this i guess i just gotta keep looking

trying to set the sterring column..

P1190126.jpg

and i think im outa pics for now other the just differnt views of what all i have done.

it looks alot cleaner with the new harness in there also.

Did you put a t-case in it yet?

IIRC the YJ and TJ transmissions have a slightly different clocking to them, ends up making the case flatter. I know one guy who did a swap from a YJ and he had to beat the floor in pretty good to fit the t-case.

I am also glad to see that someone on NAXJA has picked it up and is building it. Are those motor mounts poly? Make sure you stick with a factory (rubber) tranny mount, or the vibes will be so bad you won't be able to make your eyes focus....ask me how I know....

Are you coming out to Nac-Fest??

A.

It is June 19-22 at RC. There is an event forum for it on the main page. If you want to do a poly tranny mount, I have one already. I'll sell it to you cheap....it was only used for about 10 miles.

A.

coming along nicely. I like that color alot...if it wasn't so much time and work I was seriously considering picking it up when it was first posted. now I'm glad I didn't...lol. It's just as much work as i anticipated.

yeah its a project but its solid as anything no rust rot anything anywhere and its got a nice paintjob but so far everything is going well just matter of swaping stuff from a 95 into the 89 so hopefully it will keep going well ..im out of town right no so im bumed i cant work on it it was going good the past 2 weeks

:tears:

Looks like my baby is growing up.

:bawl:

I'm going to be keeping my eye on this. My wife likes seeing the photos, and I know my mom/sister will appreciate knowing it went into good hands.

Joe
EndlessMtnFab

well its slowly geting there. i picked up a full set of doors from a 96 on ebay for $20. so i took all the guts and stock tinted glass and converted them to manual windows and locks and will be using the 2 front ones for half doors in the summer. not decided on what to do with the rear doors.. maybe just keep them for spares.. i got my clocking ring in for the T-Case so i shouldnt have to drill anything out just mount it all up. but im still trying to find a 231.

Back