• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO chapter M&G car show/jeep show?

KRONIK

NAXJA Forum User
i was thinking we should have another M&G before the season gets into full gear!
it would be cool to do a jeep show.
we could try to get as many CO chapter jeeps to attend.
maybe meet up in a parking lot that has a good view of pikes peak. (possibly a resturant we could eat lunch at)
we could take a group photo of all the CO chapter rigs together.

we could also challenge the other NAXJA chapters to a group photo contest.
who has the most support?
i believe we have A LOT of great jeeps! and A LOT of good people!
maybe we could make it an annual event to see how much the chapter grows every year...

i think its a cool idea. what do you think?

i think you could plan your ass off and noone would show.....
you think?
we had a good turn out at "planefixers" house.
not everyone brought their Xj...

i just think it would be cool to do something as a chapter that everyone could attend.
something we could do every year as a chapter to see how much we grow!

too much to ask?

cuz Planefixer and the group that showed up are a good group, but they are also a tight group that will be there at each others places to hang out BS and cook some food. (plus, noone is gonna turn down his lady's cooking or the fun when that group gets a drinkin :D ) trying to get some people to volunteer to come around other people and have to bring their rig is like pulling teeth. there is a decent group down here in springs area but a bigger group in denver, getting either to go to the other location is slim likelihood.

you might be able to pull it off. but i wouldnt hold your breath

Gawd Mike can be such a negative ninny.

aside form Jeffs, which was justified as mentioned above, when was the last GOOD turnout you saw at a M&G?

last one i remember was at Old C's down here in the springs, that was roughly 18 months ago.....

there are some great people on here, some killer rigs and even better minds when it comes to jeeps, but people are afraid to step out frombehind the computer...
i promise, the radiation is normal :D

The first "sponsored" M&G at Nordy's actually truned out really good I thought. It was the only one I attended so i can't compare it to the other "sponsored" ones.

The first "sponsored" M&G at Nordy's actually truned out really good I thought. It was the only one I attended so i can't compare it to the other "sponsored" ones.

Mike........ how many M&G's have been attempted since the one you mentioned???? Not more than one or two.....

But yeah, we are WAY over due for a chapter meet/greet.

i think you could plan your ass off and noone would show.....

No, you said no one would show.

There's a difference if we had 10 M&G's and no one showed up and having only a few with little attendance.

The next one could be an attendance monster.........

Just because you say it's so....... doesn't make it so. :moon:

:D

youre right.

cody, set it up for october, you might get more than 10 to show up.......

everyone thinks im a crabby ass... true...but ever ask why????

everyone wants to have a rig they dont wheel, and tell people hwo to build their own or what works and doesnt work....

everyone wants to say you cant run this trail or that trail or youre not big enough....

if its a thread about shooting, or fishing, or a 1985 pinto, the posts are off the charts, but a trip report or staging area has limited to no posts.....

we want more paying memebers but we cant catch anyones attention...

have fun, push the envelope a little bit, test your rig (for what you designed it for) quit being damn naysayers and telling people they cant.
ill bet david(time2getdirty) knows more about what works on liberty trail than half the people comenting on his jeeps build. why? cuz he actually wheels it there!
you want to impress me with your overwhelming knowledge?- show me some credibility. if i run a trail mildly built and come thro unscaved and youre way better built and break everything, dont tell me im wrong about what is and isnt possible.

you dont DD your rig? dont tell someone who does whats gonna work or not.

theres a hell of a lot of talking in this chapter and very little walkin..........

i think this is why we need to do this!!!!!
there seems to be a lot of tension in the CO chapter.
we need to all get together and make it a chapter again.

mike, you described exactly why we need to get this annual event going.
the CO chapter seems to be the denver chapter, the co springs chapter, and surrounding areas chapter all in one section....

we are the CO chapter for a reason!!!!!
anyone who has differences needs to man up and forget about it!
we are only on this planet for a limited amount of time.
any day could be our last.

if we can pull this off and end up pulling the CO chapter back together, we would all be able to be at peace with each other and be 1 chapter again!

im not saying you gotta be buddy buddy with everyone you dont like. but man up for the chapter and at least try.

i mean... right now, we are NOT a chapter.
i think its time we change that!
by doing 1 or 2 annual M&Gs a year as a full chapter, the turn out would be much better than 5 or 6 M&Gs with little planning.

just sayin...

Mike, ROR

I have tried to attend every M&G, the only one we missed must have been the Old Cs one, and I don't even recall a thread on that. No matter where the M&G is at, I can almost guarantee me and UM will be there.

and im a noob at 4 wheeling. but damn it. at least im getting out there. i got a couple problems holding me back that i need help with.
my rig is a DD so i need help asap so i can learn whats going on so i dont have to ask for help next time.
my pops died when i was 12.... i learned alot from him, but not enough to do everything on my jeep.
i want to learn! i want to go wheel and push the jeeps limits!

it just takes time and good friends!
i may not be the best, but im trying my best. thats all i can do!

Back