• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 2.5" body 12" stroke FOA shocks and JKS upper shock mount adapter

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
selling the FOAs that were going to go in the front of my XJ. I need the $ and dunno when i am going to be able to put them on, so they have to go.

paid 480$ including shipping, they are New in the box, only one was unwrapped so i could take a look at it when it got here. still have the stickers and the misalignment spacers that came with em.

400$ FIRM these are brand new.

also for sale is a JKS upper shock mount adapter, to mount an eye style shock in an XJ. also new in the box.

25$ FIRM

If they are the PN9605. I'll take the JKS adapters.

Would these work for about 5.5" of lift? I bent a shock in Johnson Valley just enough that it leaks when compressed...Was planning on 5150s, but may be able to swing the extra cash...

Justin you would have to measure to see if they fit. you would for sure have to move the lower mounts down, i know most people run a 10" shock when stepping up to a 2.5 shock like this. i cant say for sure weather or not they would fit.

botwalker, i will go check on the part number and get back to you. i know they are the straight top ones, not the angled mount.

god damnit.

ok just looked up my acct info on FOA's website, from my original order. they are 10" shocks not 12s. i could have put these in my XJ months ago, i dont know why i thought they were 12s this whole time.

here are the specs.
size - FOA-10
Compression Valve - Firm
Rebound Valve - Medium
- billet aluminum top cap with replaceable hiems
- billet aluminum lower rod end with replaceable hiems

looks like i payed 404$ shipped for these, i can print out a copy of the reciept if you need it.

price is $350 FIRM. cant take less than that, trying to make rent.

here is a link to the size charts.
http://f-o-a.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_27&products_id=4

pics:

shock adapters:
CIMG4739.jpg

CIMG4740.jpg

shock (the other one is wrapped in bubble wraps still)
CIMG4741.jpg

these shocks are setup for something that is going to be hitting whoops hard, might be a little harsh of a ride for a DD rig.

again they are 10" SHOCKS i screwed up. man im having a shitty day. :doh:

wish i had the cash too, i really dont want to sell them, these shocks, welding on my frame plates, trussing my axle, and putting in a cage were all i had left to finish my XJ. every piece i sell is taking me further away from having it done.

im slowly going broke, and it sucks. bad.

Mike. can pick up the shock adapter thursday after 430PM. PM your address or are you still working at napa? Pete

Hey Mike,

I really need a stiffer setup for the rear of my rig.

Do you think these would still be to stiff for the rear of a full body, caged, rig with gear and tools and a 35"spare in the back? My 5150's are 8" body and seem a bit short so length doesnt bother me, its the valving.

I will take them off your hands if you think they will be stiff enough.

I'll PM you my #.

Call me asap so we can make arrangements.

I assume paypal is ok if I add the 3% fee?

Aaron

paypal is fine, they should be stiff enough my king shocks in the back of my XJ are valved the same way and they ride like bricks on the street unless i am fully loaded down with 2 coolers and all my camping gear for a long weekend.

pm sent.

Craig, CDS36 had these on his XJ, and it rode freakin good.

Oh and Grimm, he had the firm setting from FOA, and it was not that harsh on the street. He also had a 10" on the front of his XJ, with 4-5" of lift!

We'll I crawled under the jeep and measured and the length of these just arent going to work for me.

They are just to damn long and I'm not ready to go through the floor yet.

I have to pass. Sorry Mike.

Aaron

Last edited:
Back