• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Orange Trail

We have an orange group planned Jason!

i went on the orange trail in dec of '09, so it should be open by next weekend

When I went through there, my XJ with 6.5" lift with 34" TSL my floor panels disappears from muddy water! lot lot of water in there in some spots. I'd say at least 6.5" lift with 33's M/T or larger to make it through (and dont mind to have your carpets soaked). However I dont know how it will be next weekend.

When I went through there, my XJ with 6.5" lift with 34" TSL my floor panels disappears from muddy water! lot lot of water in there in some spots. I'd say at least 6.5" lift with 33's M/T or larger to make it through (and dont mind to have your carpets soaked). However I dont know how it will be next weekend.

Probably about the same with all that snow!

dang!!! glad I read this.
:scared:

BOB

seanR is leading and I am gunning on Orange this year. There is a good chance that if we have a trurn out for orange like we did last year, there may possibly be two groups going out. BUT...all the fun happens on the seanR and CHZ show :D where else would someone coin the phrase "slarm" (had to of been there I guess :D )

we only have 2.5" lift this year on our jeep not like the years past with 4"+

oh well luckly for me Jeffery is driving and those who know, know we will be alright haha

is that b/c you two have put on so much weight that it made your rig sag 1.5" down? :D HAHA! Just ribbin ya guys, I spoke w/ Jeffery the other day and he said that ya all were gonna have a set of highline fenders and your 2.5 new kit on that TJ. Lookin forward to seeing ya guys there! I'll have a cold beer (or 19) w/ ya! :thumbup:

I have done the orange trail on 31's and 3" lift. I keep my carpet dry. You just need to avoid a few holes.

How long has it been since you've done that?
Trails "evolve" sometimes. I've seen video of a hole at the end of the tubes swallow an XJ but then, I've drove through the same tube and water hasn't even came above the rims. As already mentioned weather, plays a big role in this as well.

This is the reason we do pre-runs.

On the "noob" run back in November with macgyver, chaz, and eric there wasn't a hole lot of water. This winter could have changed that though

FYI the Orange Trail is in a large area so you can easily get off the trail and not knowing that you did for a while. we was following the orange arrow signs as much as we can. We got in that deep holes. when we was in there, I almost want to back off and go different way but there're not any and my friend already went through and waiting for me. I went through anyway and made it through.

How long has it been since you've done that?
Trails "evolve" sometimes. I've seen video of a hole at the end of the tubes swallow an XJ but then, I've drove through the same tube and water hasn't even came above the rims. As already mentioned weather, plays a big role in this as well.

This is the reason we do pre-runs.

Toys for tots run in December. Again, there are holes that need to be avoided when on 31's. As for the tubes they have filled them in some right under the drop. most xj's will drag their arse end coming out of the tubes

As a reminder, don't get too excited about the trail color. Yes, the medium trail will be most of Orange, but the leader and gunner will make sure the run is doable. There are bypasses for the really muddy parts, and they will map out a course that is challenging, but won't swallow your Jeep. They will announce the minimum requirements for the trail on Saturday, but most years 31's and a locker would do fine.

With 31's and open should I plan on sticking to green?

We won't know until the pre run. The leader will let you know if he thinks you will be able to make it.

We could probably find some one to show you the trail after the pre run tomorrow. I don't know if it will be the exact trail they will do Saturday, but Orange is fun.

Several of us will be out playing all Friday. If you want to try some of the harder stuff without holding up a large group, don't be afraid to ask around.

When you get there, look for the people in Bright Green/YELLOW "WF STAFF" hoodies. Those are the folks that will be able to tell you what the rig requirements are for each group.

Back