NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Grand Cherokee > ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees (1993 - 2004)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees (1993 - 2004) Technical forum for the classic ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees.

Old February 9th, 2019, 19:21
Jeepoholic

What lift?

Getting ready to start building up the WJ. Stuck in regards to the lift. This will be mainly a DD and family camping rig so not looking to get crazy. Originally was going to run OME coils and keep stock control arms and a few other things but I'm worried that the OME coils wont net me enough lift to get 32ish rubber on there. Also not a fan of adding a BB to it. So then looked at IRO and they have a decent 4" set up with fully adjustable arms. After reading around most say the 4" SA just isn't worth it and would be better to run a LA. Really think I'm just trying to find the best 3" for ride quality. Any thoughts?

Last edited by smokeyyank; February 9th, 2019 at 19:26.
Old Yesterday, 18:19
NAXJA Member

Re: What lift?

There isn't a drop bracket lift for a WJ with short arms so its a little tricky going 3-4"...you'll still want an adjustable tracbar. When I was thinking of doing 3" on my WJ I was talking with Andy Carter from Ironman because his long arm system will work with no lift. Its pricey, but I was planning on running all Ironman links and steering. I had a set of Rusty's coils I was going to use. I think they were 3.5"