• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday night dinner

Jump This

Just another minion!
My wife and I will be handling the cooking (more like the feeding) chores on Friday night at the event.
What we would like to know is, what would you all like to eat?

We have lots of options. Items like baked or fried chicken, smoked brisket, ribs.
Would you all be interested in baked potatoes?
Massive amounts of french fries?

Desert items like cake, ambrosia, fruit salad?

We intend to do a lot of the cooking ourselves (we have done this type of cooking before {yeah, we have a sick addiction to cooking!})

But this is going to be a special event and we want to have the dinner match the whole experience of Moab. Sorry, they won't let us serve some Moab Brew!!

But really, we have a reasonable budget (I'm not sure if I will worry about hitting the BOD budget #'s [I got a few extra bucks to pitch in if nesc.]_

Let me know, be creative, be honest, be there!!

Rick and Bonnie Rethoret

I think a nice "western" dinner would be cool. Maybe BBQ ribs, Baked potatos, beans, some form of bread, and plenty to drink :D

David B. said:
I thought you would have suggested... hmmmm, lobster?:)

I am the club treasurer so i have to be money conscious. Now if someone wanted to donate some Maine Lobsters for us to eat, I wouldn't object :wave:

lobsterdmb said:
I think including a chicken type dish would be good since some people don't eat pork ribs....
Some people don't eat chicken, potatos, beans, etc.....

You'll never please everyone. Next we'll be serving a vegan plate at all events :D

I think a nice "Western Style" dinner would be nice.

Wayne

Will this be the get together at the place north of Moab? Or are you cooking in camp? What will be on Saturdays menu? Will you need anything(plates, cup, plastic utensils, tables) or I can lend a helping hand?

Friday's dinner will be at the senior center , Saturday at Slick Rock campground.
I can use some help on Friday.....
I'll start up a thread later on the details of Friday nights gourmet western dinner!

This sounds great. I like the initial proposal of chicken, brisket and baked beans. Speaking of western dinners, this brings to mind the movie Blazing Saddles. I wonder how they came up with that name for the movie. Then again, the Mexican dinner and deep fried turkey sounded great too. I think I am going to find some smoked brisket, baked beans and beer for lunch today.

Back